Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:55 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: Crop video feature
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:33 am 
Novice
Novice

Loving the new update today, for smoother work, but hey, do you think your crop video feature will be incorporated by the end of this year? Pleeese. :D
Jeff

Post subject: Re: Crop video feature
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi rebooter,

Cropping is planned for the 1.5 release (along with a number of other nice video features), which we hope to release by the end of August. Version 1.4 is up first with a complete overhaul of the audio pipeline and lots of great audio features.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:53 am 
Novice
Novice

Hey, that's sounds really cool. Can't wait.
This is the type of shot I would do in Pinnacle

Jeff
pic.twitter.com/6UI4zVmdnt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:27 pm 

Cool. I was just thinking about this. Good to know it is in the hopper. Even cooler if the cropping can be keyframed. Even cooler still if lumakey or chromakey is also provided. That would really expand the visual toolbox. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:34 am 

Quote:

Jeff
Jeff,

A workaround in the meantime I’ve found useful is using a widescreen png overlay on videos.

Attachments:
IMG_5409.PNG
IMG_5409.PNG [ 2.29 KiB | Viewed 378 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:48 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Quote:

Jeff
Jeff,

A workaround in the meantime I’ve found useful is using a widescreen png overlay on videos.
Hi yes I've used this option along with various png templates ,but key framing with cropping now that woukd be uber cool. !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:15 am 

Another workaround I've discovered goes like this:
  • start a new project using the aspect ratio you want to crop out, e.g. 1:1 for a square or 4:5 for more of a portrait crop
  • take the video you want to crop and open it in the new project
  • use the fit/size/position to zoom into the portion you want to crop. (Note: you could even keyframe this step to do a "pan and scan" technique)
  • export to a new video - this will now be cropped to the aspect ratio chosen when you opened the project
  • now you can pull this cropped video into your original project and use the fit/size/position tools to place it. You probably want the "fit" option so it will show the whole video as it was exported.
A bit cumbersome in my case as I have about a dozen videos I want to crop and then composite together for the final video - but it will work until this is supported directly at the clip level.