Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:24 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: 12.9 vesus 10.5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:03 pm 

I plan to get an iPad Pro to replace my laptop for video editing (using luma fusion) and photography while I travel. I'm debating between the 10.5" pro and the 12.9" pro. Just wondering if it would make a big difference to use luma fusion on the 12.9 versus the 10.5. Would doing short films, about 2-4 minutes in length, feel too cramped on a 10.5?

Post subject: Re: 12.9 vesus 10.5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:09 pm 

I had a similar debate last November between 12 and 9.7. Wound up going with 9.7 because it had a better camera. The 10 is newer so I would check those specs. Personally I am glad I got the smaller one. There is nothing cumbersome about it So far I have done about 60 music or ed videos between 2-10 minutes. If you can get to an Apple Store you can do hands on. The one irritation with an IPad is no file management system. That may be fixed with IOS 11

Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:03 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I debated the same and am very happy I went 9.7 Pro, the point is portability and I never have a fitment issue no matter how I'm traveling. I think there's plenty of real estate!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:36 am 

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to go with the 10.5.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I've got a friend at work who has got the big 'un and for me, while it's a nice piece of kit, it's just too big

I know, eventually I will have to replace my 32 gig Air V1 and it will be with the smaller pro with big memory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:56 pm 

I just picked up the 10.5 this morning, upgrading from an older 9.7" version. The additional screen real estate is noticeable, in a similar sized package. What is more noticeable is the screen. The faster refresh is very very nice.

Also - just have to say - Luma Fusion is so fast on this thing. I think the official GeekBench 4 results show it about double the 9.7" Pro in the multi-core tests.

Good Luck-