Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:37 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: iOS 11 & LumaFusion
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:37 pm 

The most interesting thing I watched yesterday in the WWDC 17 Keynote was the new version of iOS for the iPad.

I'm very curious how the new "Files" app will work and will allow apps to use a common directory for file storage. This sort of feature could really make things easier for Pro apps such as LumaFusion to import and export assets and settings.

If anyone is bold enough to run the Beta, please do tell if it all just works as it should or if new API calls will have to be implemented by developers.

As a side note, Affinity Photo is now available for iOS and it's pretty spectacular - for anyone looking for a Photoshop style app on an iPad.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: iOS 11 & LumaFusion
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm excited about files app as well, and just picked up the affinity app last night.

Watched some tutorials, but I definitely see a learning curve to the app. I've just started getting a good iPad Lightroom workflow!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

From what I can see in Files so far (though this may change), it's very much like other existing file managers (Documents, Goodreader, etc), where you can access files in iCloud and other cloud storage providers (anyone that implements the FileProvider extension), and organize and tag files, and allows you to move files to local storage, but it doesn't do anything new in allowing you to "see" the files within individual apps. From apps you would still need to either share to iCloud Drive or drag-and-drop to the Files app to move files there. I would love it if apps could opt-in to having their local files visible to the Files app, but I don't see that happening yet.

I think that's going to be the biggest improvement, is the ability to drag-and-drop multiple files.

We will definitely be watching and working to implement everything we can to improve file/media management for LumaFusion using iOS 11's capabilities.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:20 pm 

Any chance you guys need beta testers for the iOS 11 release? I have iOS 11 running on my iPad Pro already and would love to beta test the app for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Lawleypop

please send an email to info@luma-touch.com
Attention Terri

Please let us know why you would be interested in becoming a beta tester.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:20 pm 

Quote:
From what I can see in Files so far (though this may change), it's very much like other existing file managers (Documents, Goodreader, etc), where you can access files in iCloud and other cloud storage providers (anyone that implements the FileProvider extension), and organize and tag files, and allows you to move files to local storage, but it doesn't do anything new in allowing you to "see" the files within individual apps. From apps you would still need to either share to iCloud Drive or drag-and-drop to the Files app to move files there. I would love it if apps could opt-in to having their local files visible to the Files app, but I don't see that happening yet.

I think that's going to be the biggest improvement, is the ability to drag-and-drop multiple files.

We will definitely be watching and working to implement everything we can to improve file/media management for LumaFusion using iOS 11's capabilities.
iPad Drag & Drop feature available in ios 11. Try this how to use Drag and Drop in iOS 11. See this Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q26pu4AT--Y

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:15 pm 

Just need some confirmation on a debilitating iOS 11 glitch. Importing a vid into the timeline goes well, but playback happens at lightning speed, so that a 9 second vid which plays fine in preview will be imported and play at .05 seconds.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Jeff

we haven't had any other reports of this happening.

Would you tell me more about your project?

Do you know if it is happening to all your media?

Which version of LumaFusion are you running?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:59 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Jeff

Not seeing that here either. I’m using ios11 Public Beta 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:28 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi All

1st post, just purchased LumaFusion after the great support I received from Terri earlier today via twitter and email.

Long story short I’ve hit a major export problem with iMovie on my 10.5 iPad Pro - LumaFusion appears to fit the bill and I believe will help find the rogue clip causing me these issues.

I’m confident should I hit any issues that the support I’ve seen so far for this product is worth the price alone.

I’ll be signing up for the TestFlight beta as I’ve been running iOS 11 these past few months so this project on iOS 11 will certainly be a good test for both of us!

I am now going to engross myself in learning the app to begin my project from scratch :D

See you all around