Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:01 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.4.5 is now available on the App Store. This update fixes issues with exports.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:14 pm 
Novice
Novice

I imported some content from Box and Dropbox to use in projects that I have since deleted. The imported content seems to reside locally on the device. I would like to delete the imported content because of storage constraints on the device, but I am unable to figure out how. Would be grateful for some assistance on how to do so.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

hello chercheur

here is how to delete imported clips that are not being used in any projects.

1) locate the folder that the clips are in. You should notice that there are NO tick marks against any clip. If you see a tick mark, that indicates that the clip is being used in a project AND it cannot be deleted.

2) Tap on one of the clips to highlight it, then open the 'info' panel. At the bottom of the info panel you will see the delete clip button. You can also multi select clips by first tapping the tick circle button at the top right of the library panel (see attached image).

3) tap on the delete clips button.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

Attachments:
IMG_0913.PNG
IMG_0913.PNG [ 699.47 KiB | Viewed 416 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:02 pm 
Novice
Novice

Dear Androu,

Thanks for the prompt response with the suggested solution.

I was vaguely aware of the solution that you suggested. But the problem is as follows: I have no saved or current projects let alone ones where the imported clips or files are in use, because I invariably delete the projects as soon as I export the finished project. Yet, when I pull up the imported files, there is a greyed out tick mark showing at the bottom, and there is no delete option in the info panel but only a 'trimmer' option. It looks like there is something I am not doing right

Regards,

Chercheur

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:57 pm 
Novice
Novice

Dear Androu,

This is in continuation of my earlier post on this issue. I have since managed to delete the imported image and video clips by following your suggested solution. Thanks. However, I can't say I have the same success in regard to imported audio clips; the delete option is still not available. Maybe, I will succeed later. Thanks once again.

Regards,

Chercheur

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi chercheur,

I've tried to reproduce this problem and can't so far. But I don't mean to imply there is no problem :-)

You can try two things:

1. Close all apps running in the background by tapping on the round hardware "Home" button on your device and then swipe up on each app including LumaFusion - follow this by a complete power down and up of your iOS device. This will restart AVFoundation running on your iOS device and also restart LumaFusion which may solve the problem.

2. If you have no projects and the audio still cannot be deleted then I would recommend taking a look at the files using a desktop application called iExplore (the trial version will do) - take a look in LumaFusion/Documents/UserMedia. With this application you can delete any files that are there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:47 am 
Novice
Novice

I was able to delete video and audio files but not the Folders.

I have several Folders with 0 items.

Is there a way to delete them too?

Will be great to have the option to delete a complete 'unused' folder!

Thanks,

PS: I just checked the Storage Info in the General Settings (iPad) and it shows: Documents & Data: 7.18GB. I only have 1 imported file (42mb) and a couple of pics (80kb). Any Ideas?
(I found the 7gb thru iTunes inside a ReversedMedia folder)??? but I can't find the way to delete it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello AerialViews

Typically a reversed media clip is deleted from the 'ReversedMedia' folder when the parent clip is deleted from the app (assuming you deleted the parent clip using the trash icon on the preview window).

The clips found in the ReversedMedia folder have the same name as the original clip, so that might help you determine if the original clip(s) have been deleted or not.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I forgot to write about the empty folders.

They will auto-delete if you stop the app and re-start it again (i.e hold the ipad home button, then swipe LumaFusion up, tap the home button again and then tap on the LumaFusion app icon).

It is a bug, they should remove themselves if you go to another folder and then back to the imported folders.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:02 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hello Teri,

Thanks for your response of a few days ago, which I saw only now because of intervening international travel.

I have since managed to delete image, video and audio files that were no longer in use. So, there is no longer any issue regarding this; I don't know what caused the problem initially, possibly something that I wasn't doing correctly.

Regards,

Chercheur

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:40 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi Teri,

Thanks for your quick response.

I was able to delete video and audio files but not some Folders.

I have several Folders with 0 items.

Is there a way to delete them too?

Also, will be great to have the option to delete a complete 'unused' folder (with several unused files on it)!

Regarding the ReversedMedia folder, it still there with 7gb but I don't have any project or file on the app. The app is totally empty.

I can't find the way to delete it inside iTunes.

Any idea?