Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:18 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm 

Hey guys,

I did a bunch of research for ipad video editors and took the plunge on LumaFusion, loving it so far.

The current options we have for touching up footage is just enough to get by, how far off are we from having some more in depth tools for colour grading? I guess I could look at other options but I hate having to edit across multiple apps etc etc.

As a side note it's great to see a community here. I've just dumped x amount of money into this app and it looks like you are doing some solid work with these updates, much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We do plan to do LUT import soon (possibly as soon as 1.4 in June) and have advanced color correction in our backlog, but we have not determined when it will be implemented.

Thank you for joining us here. This is indeed an awesome community.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:08 pm 

Awesome !!!

Advanced colour correction will be amazing, if I could just dip into the shadows/mids/highs for editing it would be fine to get by with. Even better to hear that there's some even more robust solutions coming our way.

Thanks for the speedy response :)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:10 pm 

ps I'll just dump this here... was tired and on a plane (that's the reason I picked up LumaFusion after all) and this was my first "reasonable" edit.
I just winged all the editing and definitely learnt some better techniques along the way. When it comes time to actually putting a project out I want to be ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ3gF1HSn0U

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like you got it figured! Looking forward to seeing more!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 pm 

Is there an ETA on when you guys are looking at delivering this?

Also not to hijack this thread (from myself, lol). But I find I start a video and then need extra room at the beginning. Is there an easy way to give yourself more space without linking 50,000 tiles and dragging the lot (because theres no "select all items" feature)?

Also I'm hitting some limitations on 3 video layers due to adding titles/videos and a constant watermark. This means I have to export the video --> import --> do a second round of processing for the additional layers --> export to youtube. Is there any additional layers in the pipeline? or potentially any enhancements to titles (I know you can have multiple text in one video layer, but for editing size and placement for multiple streams of text you can't do it in the timeline, you'd need to chop up the video and add segment by segment).

Apologies for the rant, just hitting some limitations on my workflows (maybe I could be doing them more efficiently) :)

Great app, have already chucked a referral to a friend who's helping me out on this youtube project of ours. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi FenixSyd,

We'll be adding some new color correction features in the next month or so, but the full advanced color correction will be later this year.

If you're wanting to shift the entire timeline out, and you've kept clips linked to the main track, then you can move the cursor to the start of the timeline, press the + button and add a blank clip, then trim it. This should shift all clips on the main track and all clips that are linked on other tracks out by the same amount. We do have plans to add multi-select later this year.

We will be adding full animation capabilities for individual title layers which should cover much of what you need.

We are considering options for additional tracks (possibly in a separate compositing focused app), but nothing definite there.

We're always happy to get feedback on what would make the app better for our customers. It's the key way we separate ourselves from other apps out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:30 pm 

You guys have some of the best feedback/customer interactions I've seen in 20 years, and we're still using a forum (lol).

Honestly, as a consumer I was scouring the market for a video editing ipad solution and stumbled across you guys. I was on the fence due to the price point but came onto these forums and read the quick responses and got a sense that Luma was hungry to keep building a robust platform. This was the tipping point for me and I can't sing your praise enough. It's insanely great to see clear and concise answers to all of my feedback because it really shows that you have already thought about the paths to keep making the app better and better.

If it helps give you context I'm using Luma for 2 main reasons:
1) Shooting through FilmicPro (on a handheld motorized gimbal) - This is where advanced colour correction would be handy. I can shoot in LOG through that and pushing colours to their full capacity would be the optimal workflow. For now I'd have to dump the files onto a computer and "quickly" grade through Davinci or something else. Quite frankly I havent seen any compelling offerings on iPad, they're all lacking and I can't justify another spend. I would rather just wait for you guys to build it out, and wouldn't even mind paying $5-10 for this as an in-app purchase (I know many would disagree, but I would be fine with it).

2) Getting videos sent to me for editing - This is where additional video layers/more robust animations come in handy.

Thanks for the tip on adding extra time to the beginning, good work around. Multi select (when it drops) will make some of this stuff easier (obviously you know because it's in the pipeline).

Not sure how one qualifies as a beta tester but I'd be pretty interested :)

Keep it up !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:54 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi FenixSyd

To answer the very last question in your post

Send an email to info@luma-touch.com letting the team know what gear you are using and 'what you can bring to the party'