Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:05 am 

Does LumaFusion support iOS live photos? When I'm importing pictures from my Photos album, they import as 2 second non-video enabled snaps. What do I have to do so that they use the whole three second live photo capture?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Live Photos are just very short snippets of video captured + a photo. Currently we don't support the import of those short Live Photo video clips. I will add a feature request to do so.

The duration of your photo import should be controlled by the Photo's Duration setting in the LumaFusion settings, but maybe there is a situation where they get the duration from the video portion. I'll check on that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:39 am 

Bump this topic. Have this feature been added? I'm a photos first person but also love the ability to create video compilations using the accompanying videos from the live photos. It makes slideshows more lively.

I will only buy this app on iPhone/iPad when I know that this can be done.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:48 am 
Adept
Adept

I made a five minute video last year entirely from Live Photos. It wasn't easy which is a pity because they are an easy unintrusive way of capturing lots of moments in video. I used Google Motion Stills to resave them as videos before importing to LF. Motion Stills is painful to use for lots of clips but it does stabilise them amazingly well (iOS 10 is better too)

It's in this thread http://forums.luma-touch.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4930

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:03 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

IOS 11 seems to have better support for Live Photo's too so maybe Apple might make it easier to implement/support

(I'm running the public beta - it's a bit flakey but it looks like there's some good stuff coming)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:13 am 

Come to think of it, the current Memories in iOS does let you create a nice slideshow of Live Photos but control is very limited. For one thing you can't choose to toggle between photos and Live Photos video. Apple does it on your behalf.

Manually choosing photos can be a pain as well as it tends to auto add additional ones just to sync the whole thing with the soundtrack.

I'll be beta testing iOS 11 this weekend. Travelling now so not an option. Hopefully we are give more control in this new version. Or else I'll keep pestering this forum to add the much needed support :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:39 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:

I will only buy this app on iPhone/iPad when I know that this can be done.
You will be missing out on some amazing features if you don't buy this app!
I love the Live Photos option , so download quik app, edit in that and then import to LumaFusion :) :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 pm 

So, Google's Motion Stills was updated and among the new features is the ability to bulk export the videos from Live Photos with sharpness applied. It's a nice touch although video selection screen is still standalone and no support for iOS photos app albums. But definitely a move towards the right direction.

I still wish LumaFusion have this feature built in so that I don't have to rely on 2 apps but this is acceptable workaround for now and I'm quite happy about it.