Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:26 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: User Manual
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:54 pm 

Hi there,

Is there any chance of getting hold of a printed user manual for luma touch ios? I find the video tutorials really useful, but actually find it far easier to follow something that is printed.

Thanks,

John

Post subject: Re: User Manual
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi! We are working on a printed manual and hope to have it done in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:32 am 

Thank you very much for your help!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:09 pm 
Novice
Novice

i am old and often yearn for the days of printed instructions, but with versions being updated so often, it hardly seems possible to have a printed version of anything that will remain current and reliable for more than a week. i use youtube for most of my instruction, and i feel for those poor souls who publish helpful info one day and then are hit with an update the next, making their work quickly obsolete.

i just updated to 1.3 and am going nuts trying to figure it out. almost had my head around 1.2, and now i feel like i am starting almost at square one. hope that the youtube gods are about to come alive with help.

just my opinion,of course

jim
atlanta

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry Jim!

I am working on tutorials now. They are coming along, but I need to prioritize which I do first.

Right now I am working on A/B roll editing that goes into how to keep tracks or multiple cameras in sync while editing, and then I have a request for titling.

Is there something in particular you would like to see, or have help with now?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:00 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hi! We are working on a printed manual and hope to have it done in a few weeks.
Look forward to reading this!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:32 am 
Novice
Novice

Any more update on the user manual progress?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:20 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Pagemakers

One of the problems with producing a manual (and I'm not making excuses here) is that the app is still evolving quickly, probably more quickly than a manual could be produced!

The testing cycles are changing soon which will make it easier to produce/change a manual

(I don't have any time frame for this I'm afraid, so if you want to know how to do stuff, just ask on here and someone will help you I'm sure)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:45 pm 
Novice
Novice

I think that I would find the most benefit in something like a single page quick reference. Something that had screenshots of the app with arrows and descriptions of what exactly each function is. LumaFusion is a video editing app and as such a lot of the techniques that someone would use on a computer are relevant in LumaFusion. (ex. When ChromaKey is eventually introduced, I only need to know where to find this function, then I can experiment with it myself without having to first search for this function hidden deep in the app. ChromaKey is a pretty common technique that requires a bit of practice to get right, but I don’t think it needs to be full explained in a LF Manual.) Using something like this would also allow for easier updates to said document whenever the app is updated as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:24 am 

Or a PDF. A PDF would be fine. I know music DAWs but this is just different enough to be really confusing. Seriously, is it so much to ask for documentation?