Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:56 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.6 is now available on the App Store, adding integrated WD Wireless drive support to the library as well as other improvements.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:58 am 
Novice
Novice

after deleting all finished projects in ps ipad, System use is still showing 13.2 Gb usage allocated to ps. There are No projects in the list. I have tried clean up temp files an unmrk library. Anything else I need to do?
Ipad 3 on ios 8.3 with ps 5.2.1.195.
Dave

Edit - just tried cleaning the itunes option. This did free up more memory but ps still shows 6.2gb usage.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:18 am 
Novice
Novice

A further update.
I suspect this issue is linked to the corrupted library issue mentioned in another thread.
I deleted the app and reinstalled it.
Usage showed PS now ony 124 MB.
Imported and rendered another project.
Deleted the project from PS and useage stayed at 700mb.
Clearing the temp files and itunes clean reverted usage back to 124mb.
I will now wait for update that deletes library.
Dave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:39 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Dave

I guess the thread you mentioned was Terri's post? which suggested:

------------

In Ivone's case it turned out to be a corrupted asset database, and rebuilding the Library to create a new one wasn't able to completely get rid of the corruption. So we are asking her to delete the asset database using iExplorer so that the Library Rebuild can start fresh. We believe this will solve the problem.

Also, if you have no projects to lose, then deleting the app and starting over would do the same thing.

If you are experiencing this problem, then here is what to do:

You will need to download iExplorer from macroplant.com (it's free) and install it on your OS X or Windows desktop or laptop system. When you start iExplorer with your iPad plugged in to your computer, it will show a list of all files on your iPad.

• Find “Pinnacle Studio” under “Apps” and click the arrow to open it.
• Find “Library” and click the arrow to open it.
• Find "Caches" and inside you will see one or more asset databases.
• Delete the asset databases and restart Pinnacle Studio. The Library will automatically rebuild.

----------

If not, you could try that

However, the problem is being worked on (probably as I type!) always assuming Apple don't break everything after their probable update next week

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi DMartin,

Do you normally import media, or use iTunes to sync?

The 13.2 GB you had at first was most likely media that was imported to the app. These files go into our own directory instead of the iPad camera roll directory so they count on our app size tally.

To delete these imported files you tap once on them in the Library, and then tap on the trashcan, or you can use something like iExplorer to delete them.

In the future we will add an easier way to delete media imported to the app.

The 700MB is most likely render files that were deleted when you cleaned temp files.

Thanks for the detailed step by step description. It made it much easier to understand what might be happening :-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:00 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hi DMartin,

Do you normally import media, or use iTunes to sync?

The 13.2 GB you had at first was most likely media that was imported to the app. These files go into our own directory instead of the iPad camera roll directory so they count on our app size tally.

To delete these imported files you tap once on them in the Library, and then tap on the trashcan, or you can use something like iExplorer to delete them.

In the future we will add an easier way to delete media imported to the app.

The 700MB is most likely render files that were deleted when you cleaned temp files.

Thanks for the detailed step by step description. It made it much easier to understand what might be happening :-)
Hi Terry,
I only add media to the ipad camera roll generally via itunes but sometimes downloaded images to camera roll.
Not sure what you mean by importing to PS other than I was importing the saved ”exported' projects which would contain all the media used in that project. I would assume that by deleting the project I would also delete any media that was imported with the project? Not so?
Cheers
Dave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Dave,

The Library is a dynamic module that stands alone from the projects so that new media arriving from your camera roll, or media that is imported directly into the Library is available in every project. You can import directly to the library from Box, Dropbox etc. by using the import button at the top of the library. (if you are on the project page instead of the edit page with the library, you can only import projects.)

The media imported directly into the library does not get registered in the camera roll, it is just registered in the app.

If you hadn't imported media to the library originally, then I'm not sure why there was still 6.2GB used after cleanup. I will do some tests here to see if something else is getting left behind. It should be easy to see using a utility like iExplorer. If you have this situation again, please let me know and we can take a look at your directory.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:20 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks Terry. Since reinstalling the app I have not seen PS retaining large amounts of space. I had over a dozen projects on the go at that time and had to export them all as I had no space left to render anything. It was after exporting them all that the space didn't free up. All good since then.

I am having trouble with an imported project but have posted a fresh thread to seek hepl.
Cheers
Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:22 am 
Novice
Novice

This is still a proble on the latest version. Deleted projects and files stored in on iPad files app but still showing 13gb of space being used. Will this bug be fixed or do we have to delete app and reinstall it after each project to free up space.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:06 am 
Novice
Novice

Will this be fixed both my iPhone X and iPad show the app taking up gb’s of space even though all projects deleted in app and files app. Only way to get the space back is to delete the app and re-install.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:51 am 
Adept
Adept

If you delete using the Files app, it will put it to the deleted folder. Go into the deleted folder in Files and make sure you select all the files in there and delete to permanently remove the files. Now make sure you restart the settings app and go back in and check how much storage is being used.