Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:55 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.5.3 is now available on the App Store. This update adds Korean Localization, new aspect ratios, and fixes some issues

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:38 am 
Adept
Adept

I have not tried it yet but I thought I would ask what are the versions on the pc that support the Pinnacle Studio for iPad project export function?

I have Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You will need to have Pinnacle Studio 16. Keep in mind this is a different product, with different features and an all new code base than the earlier Pinnacle Studio 14. It is more powerful for sure, but more complicated as well. While it might be worth a try, give yourself time to ramp up on this product. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:45 am 
Adept
Adept

Terri,

Are we talking pinnacle liquid complicated or somewhere more in between? I have used pinnacle liquid 6 before, it had a much more steep learning curve. I would hope that Pinnacle 16 has still held on to most of it's intuitive charms.

I'm always up for more options and more power, I will probably look into the pinnacle 16, but that would not be be for merely the option to transfer a packaged project from the iPad to the PC.

By the way, does Pinnacle Studio for iPad have the ability to open those studio packages back up? Say if someone wanted to do some edits on their pc and then shoot the files back to the iPad again? Or is it more of a one way street from iPad to PC?

Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pinnacle Studio 16 is about halfway between Pinnacle 14 and Liquid as far as complexity goes.

There is one really great thing about PS16 that you might like since you seem to be creating a lot of media; that's the Library. Unlike Liquid, the Library in PS16 can display all your media on your PC and ANY project (timeline) you open can access ANY media without additional importing. You can set up folders on your PC that are simply "watched", and any new media shows up automatically in the Library. Also there are lots of tools for organizing your media, such as collections, rating, tagging, sorting and grouping.

Unlike PS14, PS16's timeline has very few automatic behaviors, so nothing will ever get cut off randomly, but on the other hand, you have to learn how to manage it with the three types of timeline behaviors (insert, overwrite, and "smart").

If you want to have a great understanding of Pinnacle Studio for PC before considering buying the application, you can purchase an in-depth training series at this link:
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/u ... dio+16.htm

Now, regarding PS for iPad. The package is only one-way at the moment: iPad ->PC. There are too many features in PS for PC that cannot be supported by the iPad currently, which we feel would create frustration and disappointment if we tried. Maybe some day though.

Thanks for the great questions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:29 pm 
Adept
Adept

There is also a Pinnacle Studio 16 trial available now.