Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:59 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.5.1 is now available on the App Store. This update fixes the incorrect app name in localized languages

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:23 am 
Adept
Adept

I use Pinnacle Studio ultimate 14 on my home PC. I just wanted to share what use in order to transfer files back and forth between iPad and PC incase any of you need to do that. It will end up costing $1.99 but for me it's worth it and it does not require the jailbreaking of your device which to me is a plus.

First let me say that I have a older video camera which uses firewire which as far as I know cannot be utilized with mobile devices such as the iPad. So any video I use from this camera will have to first be pulled of via my PC. (Sony DCR VX2100)

Second my camera, a DSLR also is old enough not to be supported by the apple camera kit either. (Cannon RebelXT)

The App I have found to work very well for this is called "WiFi Files" I am not sure of the policy for linking to apps so on the safe side I will not link to it here until I find out otherwise.

The app requires that you run both the app on your iPad and an application on your PC (they have one for both mac or Microsoft) You are also required for security reasons to setup a username and password which will be required in order for anyone to connect to the pc through their app. You can setup shared folders via the PC app so just map to where you want to put files for transfer on you PC.

This program is free to use for the first 12 transfers and then I believe I will have to purchase for $1.99, I have not reached that yet.

It works pretty flawlessly, is fairly intuitive, and the developer has a very nice website that is very nicely documented.

It works like pretty much any file manager app out there which means standard share to options one of which being the camera roll. the only difference is that the wifi connection gives you input and output from your iPad, not just input like the camera connection kit. (speaking for non jailbroken devices of course.)

I will be updating my website to link to this app directly in the App Store within the next few days. so stay tuned. If you would like it sooner then you could just message me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:45 pm 
Novice
Novice

There is a well-established IOS app called Photosync that already does this quite well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:09 pm 
Adept
Adept

Thanks Skanter.

I actually have went with a different method. I bought an inexpensive card reader so now when I need to mover images and video back and fourth I simply plug the iPad into my PC like a jump drive to get file off and then move files to a memory card in the card reader which the iPad then pulls up automatically for import back in.

Will definitely look the app up when I get a chance.

Thanks again,
LokiZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 pm 
Novice
Novice

Just tuch this:

PhotoSync - wirelessly transfers your photos and videos by touchbyte GmbH
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photosy ... 50124?mt=8

Sam