Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:44 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.5.1 is now available on the App Store. This update fixes the incorrect app name in localized languages

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damont03 - That's a great video. Thanks for sharing.
I can see if we added a few targeted features, you could work entirely on the iPad!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:48 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Mark,

i will consider to do it all in PS.

Normally I choose the easy way ;-)

Regards Marco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:30 pm 
Novice
Novice

Since others have shared how they use PS4iPad, I create music videos for our Mustang Club monthly meetings. They feature club members and their Mustangs. They're filmed in 720HD with my iPhone and edited on my iPad using PS4iPad. Some of them have been uploaded to youtube by these club members. I credit the music in the beginning and hardware and software at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya5ueJBDppg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IHPCpGJihQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PVv4Jkgvc

I'm happy to share.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice videos RedRyder and all. It's a real joy to see the great videos you all create with our tools and your great creative talent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:42 am 
Adept
Adept

Great videos. Really nicely done. I wondered if a bit more ambient sound would give more presence but that's trivial. I bet the club guys love them. Great use of transitions and titles which always worry me. I should be more adventurous.

Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:35 am 
Hi Mark to answer your question I'm going to use PS4iPad to start making a few short but hopefully interesting videos. I only bought PS4iPad a week ago so have not attempted much up to now but have done a fair amount of 'topic' reading and also video watching...your videos are great Mark I have to say.

Actually I do have a project on the go at the moment but have to admit feeling that a short video is somewhat more difficult than when I make a full length one using my PC version of Pinnacle Studio. I'm not having such an easy time of it trying to get the "flow" of the video right but am going to stick at it...it's just a learning curve after all...!!

Well that's my contribution Mark...sorry for waffling on a bit..!!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Maureen!

Great to hear you are making a go of PS for iPad.

I have a tip that may help you in timing your videos (or maybe it will help someone else) :-)

Since the audio is always in overwrite mode (that is, it stays where you put it and doesn't ripple or move), and the video is always in insert mode (that is, it will ripple down when you put a clip before another), the easiest way to get timing right is this:

- Start by timing your audio tracks out: sync video, music, voice over, or whatever you need in your finished project
- Tip: Use the black clip found at the top of the video library, as a place holder for the video track whenever you need to drop a sync video clip after some other piece of audio and you haven't yet filled the video in.
- When your audio track is good, use the split tool to split up the black place holders where you think you want new clips to be, then drop your final clips right on top of the black clip(s) on the Storyboard. From the pop-up menu choose "Replace: Keep Length"
- Tip: you can pre-trim your clip's in-point in the source viewer, then drag your clip from the viewer to the black clip.
- After you have your final photo and video clips in place, use the Precision Trimmer to adjust cut points. To do this, tap on the trim handle of your clip, this opens the Precision Trimmer with your two adjacent clips in either viewer. MAKE SURE you tap on the link symbol between the viewers. This allows you to slip the cut in either direction (as long as you have extra media available on both clips) without changing your sync. (take away 1 frame from one clip and add it to another).
- If you want to adjust the in and out of a single clip on your timeline without adjusting sync, you can open the speed control tool on the clip (DONT change the speed), just move your finger left and right on the filmstrip to "Roll trim" adjusting the head and tail frame of the clip simultaneously. Keep in mind, you have to have extra media on the clip in order to use roll trim.

This is just one way to work (not the only way) but whatever workflows you use, I hope you enjoy the app!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:30 am 
Hi Terri

Thanks for all the info and tips...very informative...I shall be without a doubt referring back to said info I assure you...am looking forward to actually reaching a finished result for the video I have as a work in progress...fingers crossed and touch wood...!! Love the app by the way...!!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:00 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hi Maureen

Thank you for your kind comment on my videos. Short is nearly always the way to go, partly because it is more intense and secondly because half your viewers (at least) are probably not interested in the subject!

I tend to put all my clips and photos in first in story order. Then I add music which is about the right length for the final video and then trim all the clips down to fit the music length. But you have to get the intro done first and then continue from the start because otherwise you will have problems losing synch.

Sometimes it just fits like magic!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm 
Thanks for that Mark I'll just see if I receive some of that magic you mentioned.

Maureen