Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:25 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:41 am 
Expert
Expert

Does anyone on the forum own an iPad Pro 3 ?

If so what are your views please ?

I only ask as I went to an open day while in Japan, the room was busy with people and I thought I walk around and come back later to have a play.

In that time I passed the Wacom floor and pc floor, yes in Japan it’s mega full of gadets laid out to try.

I stumbled across the surface pro had a play and made some drawings, noticed the inputs of USB and some other inputs.

I came back to the Apple area and still busy, thought I just look on line and read peoples feed back.
So far I not seen anything indicating an input for transferring files say from a USB stick.

In fact from what I can gleam, nothing I have will now fit as the input is usb c
It gone all cloudy all of a sudden, maybe even some rain in the air.

So editing with headphones is their an adapter included for hard wired headphones ?
Would a Ixpand sanddisc 128 gigs work ?

Also I read the iPad Pro 3 super fast.

So question would be has the soft ware sides taken advantage of this extra grunt ?

Over to LumaFusion is the 1.7 making the most of the new speeds increase in the new iPad ?
If so do we have any statistics please ?

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Rob

Wow, that sounds like an interesting day out in Japan, thanks for sharing that.

As for 1.7 and the new iPadPros, there isn’t anything specific to say about that. We were already well into development of 1.7 when the new iPads were announced. We heard about them the same time ther rest of the world did.

We now have one in the development office and will soon have one in the QA office.

I don’t know what to say about the constant changing of input/output connections on apple devices. You just have to keep buying those funny little dongle things to connect the outside world to the device. Had to do the same thing with the new MacBook Pro too.

Hope this helps

Regards

Androu Morgan
LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:29 pm 
Expert
Expert

Thank you for the answers Androu,

If you have a chance with the iPad Pro 3 can you do a test for export compare with your iPad Pro 1 please.

Another simple question to ask is with storyblocks if I can mark as farvourites and then buy a iPad Pro 3

I be able to download the storyblocks favourites with ease.
Or perhaps you have another idea maybe back up ? Storyblocks installed clips that I have please.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:01 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can find your downloaded files in the Files app under

OnThisDevice/LumaFusion/LibraryMedia/StoryBlocks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:58 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hello mramosch,

Thank you for your input.

If I buy new iPad Pro 3 how would your idea work ?

As it would be of course a fresh install of LumaFusion on new iPad.
Did I miss something perhaps ?

I was thinking more label ones I like for
1: future downloads
2: If I ever delete app LumaFusion as I did the other day
I could go back to storyblocks and download favourites that I had previously Marked.

I suggest backing up to a WD my cloud etc or external drive or a Ixpand drive.

However ios not a proper computer and new iPad has USB-C port so Ixpand is obsolete.
Wifi transfer over LAN super slow, 1 Gig equals 10 mins plus one way.

Question to anyone have you backed up storyblocks to say a local WD or Nas box ?
And re import to LumaFusion?

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:21 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hello mramosch,

Thank you for your input.

If I buy new iPad Pro 3 how would your idea work ?

As it would be of course a fresh install of LumaFusion on new iPad.
Did I miss something perhaps ?

I was thinking more label ones I like for
1: future downloads
2: If I ever delete app LumaFusion as I did the other day
I could go back to storyblocks and download favourites that I had previously Marked.

I suggest backing up to a WD my cloud etc or external drive or a Ixpand drive.

However ios not a proper computer and new iPad has USB-C port so Ixpand is obsolete.
Wifi transfer over LAN super slow, 1 Gig equals 10 mins plus one way.

Question to anyone have you backed up storyblocks to say a local WD or Nas box ?
And re import to LumaFusion?

Regards Rob
What if you used iTunes to make a full backup of your ipad, and then restore that backupo on your new Ipad?
You then maybe will have all your storyblock media automatically back on your new ipad?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:27 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi StonedEdit,

You used the wicked word :) iTunes and I, are chalk and cheese :)

It is me really, I am mistifed how ITUNES works.

Thank you for the reminder.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:46 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ITunes used to backup only files of certain folders in each sandboxed application. Folders that were meant for backup and well documented and known by the developers. As all Media and Presets of LumaFusion now live in the Files app it is rather the question whether the Files app backs all its application sub folders up properly.

But I guess someone with a small setup iPad with not to much storage could try this out and restore a backup from iTunes after deleting some LumaFusion data in the Files app and see if all is restored properly - including StoryBlock media in the MediaLibrary folder.

Last edited by mramosch on Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:03 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hi StonedEdit,

You used the wicked word :) iTunes and I, are chalk and cheese :)

It is me really, I am mistifed how ITUNES works.

Thank you for the reminder.

Regards Rob
Hehe, no iTunes lover you i see! :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:04 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
ITunes used to backup only files of certain folders in each sandboxed application. Folders that we’re meant for backup and well documented and known by the developers. As all Media and Presets of LumaFusion now live in the Files app it is rather the question whether the Files app backs all its application sub folders up properly.

But I guess someone with a small setup iPad with not to much storage could try this out and restore a backup from iTunes after deleting some LumaFusion data in the Files app and see if all is restored properly - including StoryBlock media in the MediaLibrary folder.
Hm, maybe that should be one of my first tasks when i get my Ipad to do this test? I will try and remember to do such a test later this month.