Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.2 is now available on the App Store! This update includes a number of targeted bug fixes and improvements

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: Video and audio sync
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 pm 

Can I do sync separate video audio with other videos so I can have a multi-camera sequence. If not, will this be a future update?

Post subject: Re: Video and audio sync
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:45 am 
Transcender
Transcender

Hi Mfreeman

Welcome to the forum

The simple answer is yes. Exactly how you achieve it though is up to you as there are a few ways

For example lets say for a music video you had camera 1 on the whole band, camera 2 on the lead singer and they were playing to a pre recorded audio track

This is one way you could do it

You will obviously need a specific point for all 3 to start - lets say the first beat of the master audio clip

Drag the clip from camera 1 onto track one in the editor
Drag the clip from camera 2 onto track two in the editor (the one above)

These 2 clips will (probably) have there own audio which you don't want

Now, you can either separate the audio from the original clips by triple tapping on the clip so that the audio shows below the video and then delete just the audio or (probably easier first time around) simply turn the audio down to zero for clips 1 and 2 by tapping on the audio mixer (the 3 vertical bars) and then turning the volume down to zero

Then add your 'master audio' to audio track 1 (the first green one)

(Not forgetting of course to duplicate your project from time to time so you can go back)

You can then chop the video clips up or fade between the 2 tracks etc etc

That is by no means the only way to do that, and others may have better ways :) but that's how I've done it in the past
Attachment:
fullsizeoutput_7fc.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_7fc.jpeg [ 155.2 KiB | Viewed 296 times ]
The Developers have lots of things on the 'to do' list and audio features are some of them,

'So stick around 'cause we might miss you, When we grow tired of all this visual...' :D :D

Hope that gets you started

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am part way through creating a little tutorial for A/B roll editing. Not quite multi-cam but shows the workflow that Dave is talking about:

https://youtu.be/ZR3vzmapRJE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:17 pm 

Thank you for the reply. I have 1 more question. I read that you green screen capabilities will not come until Q3. For now can I use a green screen app and import the clip and overlay onto other video.

FYI; I vote to do chroma key sooner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Mfreeman,

Yes, you can either save the composited green screen clip to your Photos App and it will automatically show up in LumaFusion or if the other app has an "Open In Other App" feature then LumaFusion should be on the list and you can send it right over.

We will have to wait and see if we get Chroma Key in earlier - we want to make sure we do the best possible implementation hoping we can make the quality better than what you get in other quick Green Screen iOS apps, so we don't want to rush and throw it in. At this point we need to investigate the options and choose the best path.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:35 pm 

Thank you