Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:36 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:59 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

The Apple TV has a fair bit of storage but it's generally inaccessible. Now there is an app that can save at least some of your personal videos on the Apple TV itself without having to bother with AirPlay from a phone or iPad.

The app is called Chill Zones and it only works on the iPhone (it can be installed on an iPad but it won't actually upload videos). Videos must come from your Photos app. You can't import files. They can be trimmed and renamed and when they are saved they upload to iCloud.

The companion Chill Zones app on the Apple TV should automatically download and save these videos and once they appear selecting a video will play it instantly (and smoothly) whenever you want.

Now be aware that Chill Zones is not designed for this purpose! It's supposed to allow you to install a short looping screensaver type video that you have made, although note that Chill Zones will not play automatically after inactivity in the way system screensavers do. You have to open the app and choose a video for it to play. Any system screensaver can also override Chill Zones at some point.

So far I've successfully installed five videos of up to a few minutes. They work well but take quite a while to transfer. Transferring two at a time seems to be too hard. There also seem to be a bug installing any new videos on my Apple TV. The only way I've found to get them to show up is to delete and reinstall the app and then wait until they all reload!

So it's all a bit clunky but if you want to have some of your videos always available on your Apple TV give it a go.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:23 am 

Thank you for this! Will try later.

BTW I was thinking about Apple TV and LumaFusion...would be nice some Apple TV app ideas to complement LumaFusion in iPad... at this moment I don’t have any , but you guys could put some ideas here.

Is just a thought lol