Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 am 

Quote:
Thanks, I will try it,

Rainer

Edit: But how can I create a shortcut with the encoding function in fotos app?
Ah, ok, I guess you’re new to the Shortcuts app then. The shortcuts are a set of instructions that you put together in the Shortcuts app itself. In other words, the shortcuts are created with the Shortcuts app and once saved they’ll be available in other apps... like Photos.

So you need to start the Shortcuts app and tap “+ Create Shortcut”. Next insert the instructions as shown above (if they don’t show use the search feature on the top left of the screen). Finish by saving the newly created shortcut.

Next you should be able to access it within the Photos app as described on my previous post.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:39 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

youtube is your friend 😉

https://youtu.be/QxLvOT4UcPo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:45 am 
Novice
Novice

👍 Thanks, shortcuts are new for me, but only this. I am not a newbie with PC and Mac, network etc..
I never needed shortcuts but now I want to learn them like macros in MS Office ...

Rainer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:57 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
youtube is your friend 😉

https://youtu.be/QxLvOT4UcPo
I got my first computer in 1996, I work with Mac and Windows, and - I now Google and Youtube.
And - I now Shortcuts.

I try to test Shortcuts since today. But to find goooood samples, especially in Germany, is a problem; in the rest of the world too. But thanks to your help.

Rainer

Edit:

Works 🥂

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:20 am 
Master
Master

Coming in a bit late on this Mark, I used the software with the camera os mo.
Save to photo app in iOS - LumaFusion can read and import fine.
The slow mo 59 frames show up as 29 frames in LumaFusion- but still plays slow mo mode.

Regards Rob
Quote:
I was having trouble editing projects with lots of short 4K clips imported from my (wonderful!) Osmo Pocket into User Media in LumaFusion. After the first few clips the preview and editing performance would become very jerky and laggy. This persisted even when changing the preview setting to fastest.

I normally avoid using the Photos app because iCloud insists on uploading every clip but I noticed that the same clips from Photos performed much better in LumaFusion so presumably there was some kind of format problem. I tried to research this but probably not enough. Format details aren’t my thing - I just want it to work!

Then I had an idea and I’m pleased to say it solves the problem beautifully. Instead of importing the files directly I shared them with a simple Shortcut that re-encodes them into HEVC first. I could select a bunch of files, use the Shortcut from the Share menu, wait for a bit for them to be encoded and then choose the LumaFusion User Media folder as the destination.

Hope this might help someone else. The only proviso is to limit the number of videos in a batch to something the iPad can handle. I can do 20+ but 100 just stalls.

PS. also worked well with 60 FPS 4K

Rob Chisholm