Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:34 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Mark for your test.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:21 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Also you probably have a different SD card reader which might process it differently (I have an Adata reader).
Hi Mark,

Is is this model : ADATA Apple Lightning Card Reader Plus AI910

With your card reader, can you select several files and then make the import to LF or do you have to select one file, make import and so on...
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 pm 
Expert
Expert

Yes that’s the one. Don’t know that I would recommend it particularly but it’s the only one I have.
You can only share one video at a time directly to LumaFusion but you can share multiple clips to the LumaFusion User Media folder in the Files App. The Adata app will process each video before exporting so it’s not instant - I’d say a second processing for every second of 4K video.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Mark.
It’s the same with mine.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:18 am 

Quote:
Hope this might help someone else.
It did Mark. It is brilliant. Thank you (and @Rpgvoyage) for posting your findings and the iOS Shortcut.

While searching the forums I couldn’t find anyone complaining about the performance issue while editing. Quite the opposite, there are numerous examples and tutorials showing highly complex videos showing smooth scrubbing and flawless previewing, while I was struggling to put together a single timeline with just some simple transitions (on an iPad Pro 2018 12,9”). On a three minute video, just about halfway, the preview would become erratic, skipping transitions and bits of some clips. True, the final rendering would be flawless but trying to synchronize transitions with music while editing was nearly impossible and very exasperating, which is sort of the opposite of what editing should be.

I was convinced that I was doing something wrong and about to email LumaFusion’s support team when I stumbled upon your post and decided to try it out. I created two identical projects, one using the .mov files imported from the Osmo Pocket (4K 60fps) and the other one using the exact same clips transcoded to H.265. I added the same generous amount of transitions to both. Sure enough and even with the preview set to “fastest” the first project soon started to crumble while the second one, even after setting it to “best” and adding a gazillion of extra random effects, kept running smooth as the proverbial baby’s bottom.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to share your findings. Video editing is fun again for me.

Ps. Just an idea but maybe including this workaround as a “tip” in the Reference Manual or including it on a future tutorial would save a lot of frustration to some LumaFusion users.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:57 am 
Expert
Expert

Thanks for the kind words. I’ve recently wondered whether using the Optimise and Consolidate Project option from the Project manager would also solve this problem. Unfortunately I don’t have any footage to try this with just now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:14 am 

@Mark,

I’ve just tried the Optimize and Consolidate on my test project (it never occurred to me to try it out before since the .mov files from the Osmo Pocket are supposed to be Apple friendly). It works surprisingly well even on “best” (only a tiny sluggishness detectable) so it may be a life saver for those trying to edit heavy files on a less powerful iPad, without having to go through the hassle of manually transcoding their videos beforehand.

The only difference between the original files and the Optimized ones I could find is regarding the bit rate. The original ones are slightly above 100 MBits/s and the optimized ones vary between 94 and 99 MBits/s. Apparently that’s enough to make a big difference.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:17 am 

I am sorry, but I cannot find any way to use shortcut app with LumaFusion to encode a footage.
I found this posting today and I have downloaded the shortcut app from app store.
Now I am confused. Need a little help. Gerne auch auf Deutsch.

Rainer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:42 am 

Quote:
I am sorry, but I cannot find any way to use shortcut app with LumaFusion to encode a footage.
I found this posting today and I have downloaded the shortcut app from app store.
Now I am confused. Need a little help. Gerne auch auf Deutsch.

Rainer
Sorry, my written german is not good enough so... in English!

The shortcut is to be used in photos, not LF. Assuming that you’ve created a shortcut as described above (I suggest the version with the loop), go to Photos, select the file(s) you need to transcode and tap “Share”. If you see the shortcut you’ve created on the bottom row just hit it and a transcoded copy of the files you selected will be placed in the album you defined in the shortcut with the instruction “Save to Photo Album”. If the shortcut doesn’t show, tap “more” and enable the option “Use Shortcuts”.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:47 am 

Thanks, I will try it,

Rainer

Edit: But how can I create a shortcut with the encoding function in fotos app?