Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:04 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Post subject: Today’s workflow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:47 am 
Adept
Adept

While Apple has not pleased us with a radically improved iOS 13 (especially sharpened for the iPad) and until the updated GnarBox2 is being sold, it remains to build a workflow on existing functions and devices.

1. I use a home router that can NAT Loopback (Hairpin NAT) Asus for example with Merlin FW. This allows you to connect to your home server and resources via an external DNS address, even from a local network.
2. I use all external “clouds” only as temporary repositories that increase the size of the personal global repository for temporary work on projects and for storing permanent global links.
3. The main repository is a home NAS RAID-10 (Synology) with link aggregation gigabit ethernet to significantly increase the speed of local processing of files and services over wired Ethernet (in this mode, recording works faster on the server itself than on a regular computer HDD disk). The WebDAV server is configured on the NAS. For greater security, the router is configured to forward ports with changes in the standard port numbers. Auto-blocking attempts for bruteforce are also configured. An external disk for auto backups is connected to the NAS.
4. The main file hub on iOS is Documents 6, where all the clouds are connected and access to the home NAS via https://dns.tld:<portnumber> . From anywhere where there is network access.
5. To manage files and folders within LF, I use Documents6 & Files.ipa in SplitView mode with LF.
6. I contextually rename all files.
7. And keep all parts of the project inside LF sub-folders _and_ Documents app (never mount in project from external sources).
8. All operations on image stabilization and audio cleaning are performed in specialized applications such as Deshake, Audioshare, Brusfri).
9. Video noise has to be pre-cleaned on a computer using Neat Video.
10. The completed project is transferred to the NAS.
11. To speed up transfer, I use a wired iPad connection through a hub with Ethernet (from any place where you can connect with a wire).
12. All non-iOS-standard files from external devices (Zoom H1, AVCHD, etc.) are transferred to iOS via an i-FlashDeviceHD card reader and a specialized application of the same name. I already wrote about this on the forum.
13. To download a third-party file in iOS, I use Shortcut SMD.

Notes:
- With such an organization of work, I do not need access via the local SMB protocol. I set up secure access once only by the domain name and the corresponding port number.
- To view non-standard iOS video formats (in addition to the improved viewer in Documents 6), I use the regular DS File application from Synology.
- This method has many other benefits not directly related to this topic.

Last edited by lumaluke on Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Today’s worflow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:14 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Good info Luke

Post subject: Re: Today’s workflow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:28 pm 
Adept
Adept

Thank you for this. This is EXTREMELY helpful.

I have 2 questions about this:
Quote:
4. The main file hub on iOS is Documents 6, where all the clouds are connected and access to the home NAS via https://dns.tld:<portnumber> . From anywhere where there is network access.
I have every File app ever offered - including Documents 6. But no matter where I am, the Wifi transfer never works. Whether I am at home, Starbucks - wherever... it never connects. I do not use a VPN. I do not (think) I have any apps blocking ports. Any ideas on a fix?

Also, can you tell us more about your home NAS? That is, how to you use it if the IP address changes from time to time?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:55 am 
Adept
Adept

@knobbydave
Glad you like it, Dave :)

@MyAmazingDiscoveries
A good method for solving unknown cases and problems is instilled in this fascinating game:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikado_(game)
So, start simple: make sure your device has Internet access and connect one of your cloud accounts (for example, Google Drive) as described in the “Other cloud storage services” application's manual. This manual is in the root folder of the application.
This is not described in the manual, but it is necessary to consider the speed limit for each user. The fastest are https://disk.yandex.com https://mega.nz https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/my-drive. Each of them has its own application, which must be installed and authorized with account data. Then connect them to Documents.

To share files (as you mention) via Wi-Fi Transfer between a mobile device and a computer (or between mobile devices), they both need to be connected to the same _ local_ network. In the browser of one of the devices, enter https://docstransfer.com and scan the QR code with a mobile camera of another device to establish a connection. You can then download files from the local area of ​​the Documents application and upload files.
I do not use this method. Much more efficient for sharing files using temporary folders of cloud accounts.

Attachments:
96430716-E8BD-43EC-8AE4-E64099644D69.png
96430716-E8BD-43EC-8AE4-E64099644D69.png [ 192.65 KiB | Viewed 406 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:12 am 
Adept
Adept

@MyAmazingDiscoveries
The ip address you are talking about is the external address of the router on your home network. It can be fixed if you purchase this service from the provider. But this is optional. You can do otherwise: buy and pay for a convenient domain name and use the DynDNS service to bind to the address of the router. On the router, configure port forwarding to your server, which needs to determine a permanent address on the local network. This is easily done in the DHCP section of the router. As a result, it will be possible outside and at home to access the necessary server service by the domain name and port number. For example, https://myamazingdiscoveries.me:5042

Attachments:
IMG_0382.png
IMG_0382.png [ 139.36 KiB | Viewed 407 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:01 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

@lumaluke
That's good advice

@MyAmazingDiscoveries
I don't bother to access my Synology NAS externally but I did set it up previously as a test and it worked without any problems as lumaluke described

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:47 am 
Adept
Adept

I will add a little to the previous message:
1. In the address and in the picture there is no discrepancy in the port numbers. 5006 is the default port on which Synology “listens” for WebDAV requests on the local network. And the router transmits requests from the external port 5042 to the internal 5006. For even more security, you can reassign the WebDAV port on Synology. In the event that a guest computer with viruses appears on the local network.

2. If you choose between a dynamically changeable or permanent ip, then you should give preference to a fixed address, this option is much more reliable, because any change in DNS values ​​is performed in a very long period of time from 10 to 72 hours. And DynDNS services are not very fast, not stable, and not reliable.

Last edited by lumaluke on Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:34 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I use a 'fixed' IP address so I always know 'where to find my nas' if I need to

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:46 am 
Adept
Adept

@knobbydave
Are you talking about the allocation of permanent addresses for important services within the local network, as I mentioned earlier? But in the last clarification I spoke about the external address for requests from the Internet. Because MyAmazingDiscoveries mentioned that its external address is changing by provider.

BTW, Synology has an application DS Finder that allows you to "find" a server without knowing the address.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:12 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
3. The main repository is a home NAS RAID-10 (Synology) with link aggregation gigabit ethernet to significantly increase the speed of local processing of files and services over wired Ethernet (in this mode, recording works faster on the server itself than on a regular computer HDD disk). The WebDAV server is configured on the NAS. For greater security, the router is configured to forward ports with changes in the standard port numbers. Auto-blocking attempts for bruteforce are also configured. An external disk for auto backups is connected to the NAS.
Hey @lumaluke...

As per your recommendation, I was going to purchase the Synology NAS...

But:

When sorting reviews on Amazon by recent, it is an endless parade of 1-star reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Synology-bay-Dis ... filter-bar

Should I still get it?