Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:38 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:15 am 
Adept
Adept

If you want to get your project media out of your Photos app (a.k.a. Camera Roll), but still have it accessible in LumaFusion, here’s how to do it.

Create a project folder in the LumaFusion UserMedia folder and then drag/drop your Photos app media into that folder. Your media will now appears under SOURCES-IMPORTED-PROJECT FOLDER in LumaFusion.

To drag/drop, use the IOS Split Screen capability with the Photos app on one side and the Files app on the other side. Then drag/drop.

Happy Editing,
CappyLee

Attachments:
B3CC96B7-79A8-4E97-8579-C0DD6783E06E.jpeg
B3CC96B7-79A8-4E97-8579-C0DD6783E06E.jpeg [ 854.13 KiB | Viewed 303 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:01 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
If you want to get your project media out of your Photos app (a.k.a. Camera Roll), but still have it accessible in LumaFusion, here’s how to do it.

Create a project folder in the LumaFusion UserMedia folder and then drag/drop your Photos app media into that folder. Your media will now appears under SOURCES-IMPORTED-PROJECT FOLDER in LumaFusion.

To drag/drop, use the IOS Split Screen capability with the Photos app on one side and the Files app on the other side. Then drag/drop.

Happy Editing,
CappyLee
Love this tip, CappyLee.

Thank you for it.

I have a simple question... speaking of the Files app:

The only way I can find it is by flicking down on my phone, then searching for it.

Is there a Files icon anywhere? I have this problem on all my devices - phones and iPads.

P.S. I checked the Luma manual, but could not find this answer:>:>:>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:34 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

In the early days when the Files App was still called iCloudDrive we had a switch in the settings to make the icon appear on the home screen.

So on the top of the list in your settings app you will find iCloud, in there you should see the apps that are iCloud activated. One of them is iCloudDrive.

Maybe switching the toggle activates the Files app and automatically shows you the Icon on the home screen.

Very likely that’ll do the trick.

However when you can already find it with search then it’s very likely that it is just buried in some folder already, you just have to find it.

It’s a big blue folder on a white background...

Last edited by mramosch on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:03 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Mramosch is correct

This might help too

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206481

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:43 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
In the early days when the Files App was still called iCloudDrive we had a switch in the settings to make the icon appear on the home screen.

So on the top of the list in your settings app you will find iCloud, in there you should see the apps that are iCloud activated. One of them is iCloudDrive.

Maybe switching the toggle activates the Files app and automatically shows you the Icon on the home screen.

Very likely that’ll do the trick.

However when you can already find it with search then it’s very likely that it is just buried in some folder already, you just have to find it.

It’s a big blue folder on a white background...
Well well well... @mramosch actually helped me out instead of attacking me. What a pleasant surprise. And the tip worked. Here is where I went:

Settings>iCloud>iCloud Drive

It was on. I toggled it off, then back on. Then boom. The Files app icon is now on my phone.

Sweet.

Thank you.