Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:11 am 
Adept
Adept

To keep my sanity on a project, I like to manually move all of my media files, including my media in the Photos app (a.k.a. Camera Roll), to the LumaFusion UserMedia folder.

I create a main project folder and then subfolders for videos, photos, music, etc. Now all my project media appears under SOURCES-IMPORTED-PROJECT NAME in LumaFusion.

Then when I’m done with the project, I can quickly clean up by moving the main project folder to another location (iCloud Drive, Dropbox, external drive, etc.).

Happy Editing,
CappyLee

Also see Tip - Copying Media from the Photos app

Attachments:
392CBB99-E6A6-49CA-870C-3E9A2D5B47EC.jpeg
392CBB99-E6A6-49CA-870C-3E9A2D5B47EC.jpeg [ 692.95 KiB | Viewed 573 times ]

Last edited by CappyLee on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:41 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's the way I do it Lee

I know where everything I'm going to use is located and makes it easy to delete when I'm done

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:33 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

That is really a great tip! Thank you so much! :)
I just got my ipad and have started to get to know LumaFusion, and was getting frustrated that all the media from several small test projects where
showing in new projects i made.
This is a really useful tip, and makes organizing your projects media clips really easy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:27 am 

@CappyLee: Thank you for the easy, but brilliant tip! You only have to know, that the new folder you have created in iClouddrive must have datas. Without datas like photos or video the LF will kills the imported folder you created before (I hope you understand my explanation :D ).

Greets, Hans

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:00 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

———
Quote:

...You only have to know, that the new folder you have created in iClouddrive must have data. Without data like photos or video LF will kills the imported folder you created before...

Actually it is iCloudDrive and the Files App automatically deleting unused folders :-)

iCloudDrive even used to be that kind of bitchy, that if you accidentally deleted an application root folder (like The LumaFusion root folder) it never ever let an application or user recreate this folder anymore. This app’s storage on iCloud was gone forever and not even removing the app from your device and doing a fresh install could cure this.

I don’t know whether Apple has changed this behavior but better keep your application root folders untouched...

—-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:56 pm 

Have you tried doing this recently? I’m on a 2018 iPad Pro and I created custom directories as you describe here. Copying 25 4K/60 videos from Photos app to UserMedia took a very long time. It also inexplicably created a Shared folder and put 7 random files in it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:08 am 
Adept
Adept

I just now dragged and dropped a 6.5 minute 556 MB video file from my Photos app to my LumaFusion UserMedia folder. This transfer was virtually instantaneous because I was just copying from one location to another on the iPad's flash memory storage. I'm using an iPad Pro 2017.

I did notice that the transfer can sometimes hang if I selected multiple video files and dragged them to the UserMedia folder. You might try dragging/dropping each video file separately.

Note: I can't comment on your “shared folder” issue. I’ve never experienced this.

Happy Editing,
CappyLee

Attachments:
69AE6380-600B-41EF-AAD3-D88086A23EAD.jpeg
69AE6380-600B-41EF-AAD3-D88086A23EAD.jpeg [ 468.01 KiB | Viewed 295 times ]