Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:50 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:32 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since IOS 11, iDevices have a native file manager app called Files. It works great for managing the files that are accessible on your iDevice and your file sharing cloud services (e.g., iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) but if you want to access other files that reside on you home network, you need to use a third party app.

There are lots of file manager apps in the App Store. I happen to use the free app Documents by Readdle to access files both on my laptop, and on my WD MyPassport (external hard drive) that I have plugged into a USB port on my router.

This third party app allows me to copy media into LumaFusion that I otherwise wouldn't have access to - like my WD MyPassport.

The purpose of this post is to raise awareness of these file manager apps and how they might work for you in accessing your media. How to set this up on your specific home network is beyond the scope of this post. I can’t help you with that but with a little research it’s not that difficult.

Happy Editing,
CappyLee

Attachments:
F1662792-53E4-491E-BB1A-CC859BE281FA.png
F1662792-53E4-491E-BB1A-CC859BE281FA.png [ 5.34 MiB | Viewed 292 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:18 am 
Novice
Novice

"This third party app allows me to copy media into LumaFusion that I otherwise wouldn't have access to - like my WD MyPassport."

Hmmm...Files let's me access MYPassport.

rick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:49 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Rick,

I really want to be wrong about this. I don’t know how to access any of my home network devices directly from the IOS Files app. That is without al least connecting through a third party file manager.

Tell me more. Were you able to do it without adding a third party app like FileBrowser? FileBrowser, or a similar app, would show under your Locations list in the IOS Files app.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:32 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
"This third party app allows me to copy media into LumaFusion that I otherwise wouldn't have access to - like my WD MyPassport."

Hmmm...Files let's me access MYPassport.

rick
Actually, I guess "Files" let's you access your MyPasseport because you installed MyPasseport App.
It works the same way with Synology apps.

Am I wrong ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:28 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Rick,

I see what you’re doing with the MyPassport app.

I’m connecting to my network devices in a more generic way thru a third party file manager (Documents by Readdle). This allows me to simply identify any network storage device,including my laptop, by it’s IP address.

Probably lots of different ways of doing this. It’s good to share ideas.