Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:47 am 
Adept
Adept

I am a frequent contributor to the Casey Neistat subreddit.

Over there, I mingle with other Youtubers. And we all share the same problems/tips/etc.

One struggle we all have is hearing audio pops and clicks on a jump cut. I asked if anyone had a simple solution. And here it is:
Quote:
Dissolve, two frames and it’s gone. It happens when you cut on a waveform peak.
Premiere, right click on audio track at the cut and “apply transition”...it will give you a default dissolve length but just scrub it back to two frames.
Sounds great. But I am not on Premiere. I am on Luma Fusion.

Can anyone make a quick video demonstration on how to pull this off for us all here?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:35 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hi,

To make the crossfade in the audio, but not the video on Luma...

1. Triple-tap the clips you want to treat, which detaches the sound from the video. Blue is the video, and green is the sound.

2. Go to the Transitions menu and drag a "CrossDissolve" transition onto the seam between the two green sound blocks.

3. Zoom in on the transition so you can work with it comfortably. Make sure the transition is selected. Then, drag one edge of the transition until it's the desired length. I've tried it and I can get it down to two frames.

Should solve your popping problem. Best of luck!

//Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:07 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Hi,

To make the crossfade in the audio, but not the video on Luma...

1. Triple-tap the clips you want to treat, which detaches the sound from the video. Blue is the video, and green is the sound.

2. Go to the Transitions menu and drag a "CrossDissolve" transition onto the seam between the two green sound blocks.

3. Zoom in on the transition so you can work with it comfortably. Make sure the transition is selected. Then, drag one edge of the transition until it's the desired length. I've tried it and I can get it down to two frames.

Should solve your popping problem. Best of luck!

//Andrew
Thanks for this, Andrew. I tried it out, but I still get the pop sound. Am I doing something wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:08 pm 
Adept
Adept

Another alternative to this problem is to normalize all peaks by -3... is this possible in Luma?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:41 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hi,

If you still get the pop despite applying the crossfade between the sounds, then I can think if two things off hand.

The first is that the sound might be so hot (levels so high) that in one of the frames where the sounds are combining, it's creating a pop of distortion (clipping). It's a good idea to leave some headroom in your recordings. As long as your source audio doesn't contain hiss, you aren't going to create any more hiss if you have to digitally boost the levels in post (within reason). I usually record live audio sources so that only my peaks are between -12 an 0db. I have more often been bitten by unexpected too-hot peaks than too-low audio. Of course, "just right" is the best.

The second thing is that it might be that your clip actually ends at the point you're trying to fade -- i.e. it hasn't got any more clip to fade with. This might happen if you trim the clips in another program first before you line them up in Luma.

You can try this, which would do the same crossfade as I described above, but more manually. It might show if this is the problem:

1. Triple-tap the clips you want to treat, which detaches the sound from the video. Blue is the video, and green is the sound. (Same as before)

2. Move one of the sound blocks to another audio track (up or down) so that they're corner to corner, not edge to edge.

3. Extend the tail of the first audio clip by one frame. (to the right)

4. Extend the head of the second audio clip by one frame (to the left)

** At this point, if you weren't able to extend either of the clips, we know this is the problem **

5. Add a crossfade transition to the appropriate end of each clip and size it to 1 frame

This simulates what happens in the cross-fade between edge-to edge clips. The second clip fades in one frame before the first clip ends. The first clip fades out one frame after the second clip begins.

Let me know how you make out.

//Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Next release soon in App Store should fix some pops, clicks and transition bloopers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:14 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Next release soon in App Store should fix some pops, clicks and transition bloopers
Sweet:

As I think you know knobbydave, I am a Luma beta tester - just downloaded 1.6.6. - do you know if this has the pop/click fix in it? If so can you point me in the right direction?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:31 pm 
Adept
Adept

Any update on this? I downloaded the latest update, but do not see anything about this:
Quote: