Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:22 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Post subject: App to make LUTs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

I am new to LumaFusion and wanted to use more LUTs so I looked and looked for app that would do that. I downloaded two the first one I could not figure out how to use the second one I liked and it was easy to use.

The first app is called ExpressColor for $2.99 the second one was called video LUT for $3.99 both do the same thing. ExpressColor you need to go to settings and put in you name and email address so when you have your LUT the way you want it you just email it to your self then you hit the arrow up and select open in LumaFusion. The other app works the same way.

In LumaFusion open the editor take a picture from the fame in the movie you want use then open either one of the app they both have a lot of filters to use. video LUT has more features but cost $1.00 more and they have a Facebook group page you have to join in order to use the LUTs the members have made. They both need a little bit of tweaking so you can custom name your LUT. You have to rename them in LumaFusion after you import the LUT. Hope this helps some folks out their wanting to customized to the filmic look.

Post subject: Re: App to make LUTs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:11 pm 
Novice
Novice

I posted a video on the apps if you want to see the difference between the two. Video LUT app you can import the video and the app will apply the LUT for you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:12 pm 
Novice
Novice

https://youtu.be/iTH3R5LzBBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:05 am 
Adept
Adept

hello there,
am very interested in this app ,, it mentions in the list of features " match colours from images and build new LUTs. 2 state of the art methods “
have you tried these? what are they and how do they function? i can’t see anything in yr video ( which is otherwise very helpful btw ) about this.. and the developer website just goes to a facebook page that you have to log in to view..
cheers for any light you might be able to shed on this

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:34 pm 
Novice
Novice

https://youtu.be/zmA5wzjf6dw

Like I said I’m new at this and learning as I go. But I shot this video this footage on a iPhone 7 with FiLMiC Pro then I imported it into video LUT and messed around until I thought it look good then I export the LUT and imported it into LumaFusion.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14FP0R ... C_BKuK0K7G

Here is the file I made if you want to try it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:57 am 
Adept
Adept

hi there,
thanks for the links... but what I am actually after info on, is the technique of selecting an old photo or movie still or something you really like the colour balance of and then automatically grabbing this to a LUT settings file to apply to your own stuff... the app description mentions it does this in two different ways.. but as there is no manual or in depth tutorial vids its hard to see how succesfully they have implemented it.. yr vids are super helpful but aren’t using this technique..
any road,, i guess at 3.99 its not so much of a gamble to purchase and find out.. :)
matt