Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:37 pm 

Hi there,

i have to cut a live music video, it was recorded with 3 different camera views and an extra audio recorder. I thought it would be the easiest way to align all three video tracks and the audio track parallel and switch between them, so i don‘t have to cut the tracks. Is that possible in Luma Fusion on iOS and how does it work?

best regards,
nec

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello nec

It's not quite possible in the way that you describe, we don't have live switching in the same way that FCPX does for example.

The best thing to do would be to lay up the 3 cameras as you describe, and then use Frame&Fit to reduce the size of each clip such that you can see all three images at once. Then you would play the timeline and make a cut across all the tracks where you want to change camera angle.

You should also do this in Overwrite mode so that the main video track doesn't move anything up or down the timeline.

Work in short sections, removing the unwanted camera angles as you go, and returning the camera angle that is left behind to full size.

Let me know how you get on.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:05 am 
Novice
Novice

I use a method using two cameras on every shoot I do. I use this system to cut between cameras when mistakes are made and want the final video to appear like one seamless take. With my b cam footage I lay that on the level above my main camera. I then hide the b camera footage using the blending option and then put that to zero. Then I do my cutting, when I want the b cam footage selected clip to appear I just click on the blending mode and put it to 100 percent. This method works great because clients come back to me with revisions and it means that I still have the full b cam footage sitting there if I need it, rather than deleting the sections I didn’t use. This would work with 3 cameras too. Hope that makes sense. The blending mode is a life saver and a great tool for me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:59 pm 

Thanks Androu. It would be great to have a live switching option in a next version. Is it possible for you to arrange that? I guess this would be helpful for a lot of users!

@domehouse: Thanks for your hint. How do you do the blending exactly?

best regards,
nec