Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.6 is now available on the App Store, adding integrated WD Wireless drive support to the library as well as other improvements.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:17 pm 

Hey everyone I’m trying to wrap up a film I’ve shot and cut almost entirely on the iPhone and am trying to find a graphics/titling app that will support 4K and 24fps video. Anyone come across anything?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:19 pm 
Novice
Novice

I’ve searched and searched, and found nothing worth using. Really surprised that no one has created an app for this. I particularly need ‘lower thirds’ titles. There are great templates for after effects but I want to avoid having to use my computer for this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 pm 
Adept
Adept

The only apps I’ve found that allow for any kind of mograph work in 4K on iOS devices are iMovie and LumaFusion (and LumaFX), and though LumaFusion is a startlingly powerful editor, it’s not quite up to full snuff for sophisticated mograph. You can do a lot in this app, and I’ve done a lot where I prep elements in something like Affinity Photo, Procreate, or Autodesk Graphic at a resolution to work in 4K, but if you’re looking to do something super intricate, you may need to bounce out to your computer and AE or Motion. At the very least, expect to do some pre-renders of elements inside LumaFusion to get more layers in your L3s.

If you’re finishing in 1080P, there are several apps that can produce some truly amazing motion graphics on iOS. First among them is Bricolage; it’s a node-based graphic editor, and it’s really powerful. Produced by the same developer is MotionGraphix, which is very similar but has some different functionality. Core Animator is promising, but not fully realized. (Core Animator is more of a developer tool than a media production tool, but it’s still quite useful.) Animation Pro can be pressed into mograph as well, and it allows for all sorts of animations that aren’t possible in any other app I’ve used. Alas, though, these are all limited to 1080P. I suspect more apps will eventually embrace 4K, but for now, it’s a frustrating, limiting world....