Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:16 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.6 is now available on the App Store, adding integrated WD Wireless drive support to the library as well as other improvements.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:34 pm 
Adept
Adept

I have done a little research for people interested in experimenting with external microphones for use with their iPads and phones, while recording their voice.

For the purpose of this experiment, I used the iPad Pro built in microphone, apples headphones with mic and the Boya head phone microphone as a test.

Their are better options out their on the market, however at £20 the Boya won on price, ease of use, small and compact.

Quick audio test in video below. If you can listen on a tablet or phone please, as I am interested in your feed back.

On the quality of the audio and what you think?

regards Rob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:09 am 
Adept
Adept

Your video shows as having been removed by the user....

I have a couple microphones I use with the iPad; first is an old Blue Snowball (it’s so old that it won’t work on Windows 7 or later, but plugs and plays just fine on my Mac and my iPad using the Camera Connection Kit USB to lightning adapter). The sound on this thing is rich and beautiful. The second mic I use typically with my iPhone is also by Blue; it’s called Mikey and it has a lightning connector at its base. The sound isn’t quite as rich as that of the Snowball, but it’s significantly nicer than that from the iPhone’s built-in microphone. It’s also more conveniently portable than the Snowball, and since the camera connection kit doesn’t work with the iPhone, it’s the best thing I’ve found for the iPhone. (It also has a 1/8” stereo input jack, so you can actually plug other audio sources directly into your iPhone or iPad.)

Hope that’s helpful!

- Dex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:04 am 
Adept
Adept

Hello Dex,

Yes user error thats me, I deleted a video in you tube. Sadly the one I deleted was the wrong one.

I probably make another and replace here.

Many thanks for the information especially with the snow ball mic, this was one I had considered.

May I trouble you to post some example recordings with the said mic's and without please.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:54 am 
Adept
Adept

Hi, Rob —

It’s so easy to delete the wrong thing on YouTube!

I really doubt I’ll have a chance to record sample audio any time soon, but if I get a few minutes when I have the microphone handy, I’ll knock something out for you to hear.

- Dex