Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:55 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:12 am 

When trying to coach tactics I want to be able to highlight an open space/area in a game sequence video. Is there any way to create freeform polygons where each corner point can be moved/keyframed individually? Similar need for ’multiple-sections-lines’ where the endpoints are connected to illustrate formations and defensive lines tetc. Any hints and tricks appreciated

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Marcusman,

That's something we don't currently have. You can add multiple shape layers in the titler but you select from our shape presets currently, and individual layers are not animatable.

One app you might look at for sports analysis is Coach's Eye. It allows you to draw on the screen and has a number of other tools (though I don't know if it allows animation of each drawn element).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:44 am 

Thanks for the tip.

Coach’s Eye is the app I currently use, but it does not allow keyframing, so I can only pause, illustrate on a still image, and then press play again.

Including a 2nd track title, and using shapes/lines there, I can keyframe these to highlight a moving section/clip. But the shape editing is somewhat limited, and the tracking is very manual right now

FYI - I have found exactly zero ”motion tracking telestration” products out there - this could be a whole new extension pack/product for you to sell as an add-on. With the frame&fit and multiple tracks, LumaFusion has all the required platform features to build a killer feature - just provide a ”player spotlight” shape, and ”freeshape polygon” + ”multiple section” line with moveable individual shape points and that’s it. If possible, automated shape tracking/connection of those endpoints to video shapes. Professional TV-studio style sports telestration right there - all the ’draw on still images’ type tools would be out of business in a matter of days. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We do plan to allow individual shape animation and object tracking in the future, though that's probably coming sometime next year (hopefully early). Thanks for the feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:06 am 
Adept
Adept

One possible work around could be to take a snapshot at the point you want to highlight the open space and edit this still image in another app to include the polygonal shapes highlighting the areas you want and import this image back into your timeline. It will appear as a freezeframe in your footage but you can still control how long it displays for and add commentary, text etc.
Not perfect and not as streamlined as a function within Lumafusion but may work depending on your needs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:45 pm 

Completely agree with Marcusman. All video annotation coaching apps i've used don't live up to standards. This would be a game changer especially with apple pencil. :D