Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:21 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Post subject: Uploading to youtube
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:35 pm 

Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn’t find anything.

Does uploading to YouTube through luma fusion compress the video?

I just saved my video to my camera roll and it was between 5 and 6gb. Then I realised you can’t upload 4K to YouTube via the YouTube app on iPad. So I’ve just started uploading it on to YouTube via the Luma fusion app making sure the video export settings match the video quality and it says uploading xxx.xxmb of 2.62gb. So to me that looks as though it’s compressed it down to upload it?

And if this is the case then are there any ways around it via iPad Pro? My iPad Pro will be my primary device as I’m going traveling Southeast Asia and Australia.

Im fairly new to all this video editing so excuse me if my terminology is not up to scratch!

Thanks,

Daniel

Post subject: Re: Uploading to youtube
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Danielcarrot

LumaFusion doesn't do anything special for YouTube over what it does for the Photos app.
The difference in file size you see is due to needing extra space for encoding anything to the Photos app. We create a temp file, then write it to the photos app, then delete the temp file. So, in general, we need twice as much space on the iPad when writing anything to the Photos app compared to writing the same thing to another destination.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

Post subject: Re: Uploading to youtube
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am 
Adept
Adept

Thank you Androu!
Now I understand why I prefer to export through the Other App to Yandex.Disk or directly into the YT, and not export to Photos. Here for such an understanding of the process we need documents such as a White Paper.