Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:59 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Post subject: Re: Music-Music-Misic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:04 pm 
Adept
Adept

@Jimmy
In your situation, the most suitable solution is one of two things:

1) Copy 25GB of music to Documents6 through one of the computer applications (iTools, iMazing, iExplorer, iTunes), connecting the iPad with a wire to the computer. If you do not want to transfer all the music at once to the iPad,

2) Buy one of the lightning flash drives, the application of which can send a file to other applications in iOS through the Action menu (not all applications can do this :!: ).
But in this case, you still have to copy 25GB from the previous flash drive to the new one using a computer.

To date, I know for sure that the following models are suitable:
:arrow: Leef iAccess iOS microSD Reader
:arrow: SanDisk iXpand
or from :arrow: dan_house info

I do not advise buying a wi-fi disk or a Wi-Fi card reader. In addition to the fact that it require self-contained power, less reliable, more complex and slower in comparison with a lighting flash drive or lighting card reader.

And finally: I hope all your music is not stored on one single flash drive. You definitely need a backup on another media.

Post subject: Re: Music-Music-Misic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:14 pm 

@Lumaluke
Thanks...what I have been able to do is put my thumb drive into the RavHub reader, then log into it via Documents 6. It's 1 file at a time, but I have been able to download enough of the tracks I wanted to give me a good start! A couple of things in your answer is:

1. I have no computer now as my Windows desktop died. Thus the reason I replaced it with new iPad Air 2 which I am trying to use to continue my recording and video filming and editing. I have a couple of good audio recording and mastering apps, along with LumaFusion.
2. Never used ITunes so none of my stuff is on there anyway. I do remember my son using it for my wife when we got her a new Ipod a number of years back. Remember it being very clunky so never bothered to put any of my music on it.
3. Prior to my computer quitting for good, I was able to transfer most of my music to a 64 GB thumb drive. I then copied that to another 64 GB drive so I have those two as current backups.
Thanks for all your help. I will look into those lightning drives!