Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:44 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 am 
Novice
Novice

I shot some GoPro footage of the birds in our yard and started stringing it together in Luma.

Ill post it later but I had cross faded between clips, didnt like the effect and pulled the cross fade out to make it take longer. What happened though is the l o n g fade in makes the bird in that clip look like its being "beamed" into the frame 'a la' Star Trek, or maybe like a ghost suddenly materializing in front of you.

Making the transisition longer can affect how they perform, possibly giving some results that would be useful artistically....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:22 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Interesting ... looking forward to the footage

Is it just the ‘normal crossfade’ ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:56 am 
Novice
Novice

yep, normal cross fade. just made to fade for a longer period.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 am 
Novice
Novice

well the birds wont cooperate for some more footage, so that's on hold.

BUT I have noticed one thing with the stretching and the effects I mentioned above^^

that "fade in" from stretching the cross fade is really only gonna work when the camera/POV is identical from the shot your fading out of......

SO all the clips I used for part of my short test film are from the GoPro being positioned for a good camera angle, so the back ground and all that do not change or move, just the birds, bugs and trees.....

Guessing the l o n g crossfade from one camera setup to another may come across as.... weird. YMMV, but do try it. If it stinks then delete the transition and try something else......

HTH

dan