Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:51 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:13 pm 

I'd like to copy a bunch of short clips from the beginning of my movie to the end, they span all three video channels and I'd like them to keep their order and placement when I put them at the end of my movie, I don't see anywhere that allows me to highlight multiple clips? Is this possible? If so how do I do it?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:08 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Erinskieasy

Welcome to the forum

There is no way to do what you want .... yet (it is on the 'to do' list)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:16 am 

Quote:
Hi Erinskieasy

Welcome to the forum

There is no way to do what you want .... yet (it is on the 'to do' list)
You know what else would be great to put on the to do list, default value snapping , for instance when I'm rotating a picture or video in the frame and fit section, it would be nice if it snapped to 0, or the x position snapped to 0 or the size snapped to 1... would make life really really easier .

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Erinskieasy,

We did have it snapping to 0 but got complaints that it was snapping. Obviously we need an on/off switch. I will write it into our feature requests now.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:14 am 

Quote:
Hi Erinskieasy,

We did have it snapping to 0 but got complaints that it was snapping. Obviously we need an on/off switch. I will write it into our feature requests now.
I understand what you mean, I gave it some thought after I sent that comment and realized it could be a nightmare for ppl who want to make small adjustments... so I came up with cool little technique to get a best of both worlds solution...

The problem with snapping is that when it gets close to 0 (or whatever snapping point) it jumps to that snap point, ignoring all the values that are close to it on either side (essentially making those values in accessible)... so what if, instead of snap, the 0 point was magnetic i.e. You scroll all the way to 0 in the same linear way (as if there was no snapping) but then when at zero it stays there for a few extra scroll units (im not sure how the finger scroll movement is measured) and then it starts moving again in a linear way out the other side.

In essence, if each unit of finer movement = 1 unit of on screen scroll, you would then allot the 0 point, 2 extra units of finger movement.

I hope I have been able to communicate in a good way, the concept I'm thinking about.

I'd also love to be on a beta testing committee :)

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's an interesting idea. I will bring that up with Chris when he gets back in the office tomorrow.

If you would like to join us on the beta please send a mail to info@luma-touch.com and we'll get you set up right away!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:27 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Erinskieasy

The only thing I would warn you about the beta testing committee is it's addictive and frustrating

Get that email sent off! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:34 am 

Quote:
That's an interesting idea. I will bring that up with Chris when he gets back in the office tomorrow.

If you would like to join us on the beta please send a mail to info@luma-touch.com and we'll get you set up right away!
Sent, thanks a lot guys for being so responsive :)
Also I had another idea and that's to just allow for a double tap jump back to a default value... I think this would be the quickest and easiest solution to all the problems in this thread.

So double tap would bring the slider back to the 0 point.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:09 am 

I needed to move a load of clips and couldn't find a way, so I exported the movie and then ingested it back into the project as a new clip. I know it locked the edit, but better than hours of reedit.

This might work for you.

N

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Double tap is supposed to set any slider back to 0, but it looks like it's broken - I will write a bug.

Thank you!

UPDATE: I guess it was only in my imagination that it used to do that. I wrote a feature request instead :-)