Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:28 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:25 am 
Novice
Novice

Hey guys,

In the project settings, you can choose aspect ratio and frame rate, but not frame size. Does this mean that LumaFusion is essentially resolution independent?

If I shoot UHD but plan to export HD, that means I can punch into a shot 2x and not lose any resolution. Since there's no resolution on the project size, does that mean that I can safely scale a shot 200% and as long as I'm exporting 1080p, know that LumaFusion isn't going to be scaling the clip up?

Also in the scale "room", I know I can pinch to scale, but I don't see a % indicator. I don't ever want to go beyond 200% zoom (or 100% of native resolution), so that indicator is important to me. Is that hiding somewhere?

I also just realized I have no idea what the "fit and frame" toggle does; I'll need to figure that out.

Thanks!
-Joseph

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello joseph

Yes, LumaFusion is resolution independent and so you can scale, 'pan and scan' UHD footage if you are going to output to 1080 or even smaller.

In the Frame & Fit tab of the FX editor you will find a slider for 'size'. In your example scaling UHD to 1080, the 'size' slider shouldn't go above 2.0 (200%)

Hope this helps

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:41 pm 
Novice
Novice

Haha you just added that feature didn't you ;-) App is really impressive, thanks.

Ooh and archive… can that act like an XML exporter? Can I open the archive in FCPX??

Exciting stuff, truly. Thanks!
-Joseph

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Joseph

yes the 'scale slider' was just added. Makes more sense to have one slider.

No, the archive is not an XML exporter, so you can't take your project to FCPX or prem pro (not yet anyway)

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:01 pm 
Novice
Novice

Ok thank you!