Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:14 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:38 am 

Greetings,

Hopefully I can word this question in such a way that it makes sense... And, I am running the latest version of LumaFusion on a 10.5" iPad Pro with iOS 11.0.2.

I wish to place a silently recorded video clip on the main timeline with a music track associated to it. Next, I wish to insert several audio/video clips throughout the main timeline in the form of an individual making some commentary. I have figured out how to 'Duck' the music track to bring the audio attention to the 'Master' audio within the commentary clips, but I am wondering if there is a way to have only the 'Master' audio portions of these added clips play slightly prior to the transition from the main video to the actual video clips of the individual speaking - and still have it all synced up. In other words, I am wishing to have the audio portions only of these added commentary clips play slightly prior to the video portions of these clips showing the individual talking.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this!

Bruce

Last edited by Brockrock on Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: J&L Cuts question
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:59 pm 
Adept
Adept

If I understand you correctly, could you not just add your commentary clip above the main track and and a key frame to have it jump from 0 to 100 opacity under blending a second or two into the clip so you hear the audio first, then the video appears with the key frame?

Post subject: Re: J&L Cuts question
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:26 pm 

Quote:
If I understand you correctly, could you not just add your commentary clip above the main track and and a key frame to have it jump from 0 to 100 opacity under blending a second or two into the clip so you hear the audio first, then the video appears with the key frame?
Thank you so much. That did the trick. Exactly the result that I was looking for. I greatly appreciate it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:14 am 
Adept
Adept

Great, glad to hear you got what you needed. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:37 am 

Here is a link to the video that I was requesting assistance with. I made it as a promotional tool for a local Crew Rowing club.

https://youtu.be/4duIldKpUIc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:41 am 
Adept
Adept

It's a nice effect, well implemented.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:42 pm 

Quote:
It's a nice effect, well implemented.
Thank you again. I appreciate your assistance.