Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:50 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4.4 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:02 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've tried optimize/consolidate and still the audio goes out of sync. Exporting audio a 48kHz, video 1080p29.97
I can't say I've had this happen before and wondered if there was a new defect, perhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:11 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was able to export 5 minute segments and then reassemble them into a new project and still the resulting final video / audio goes out of sync (even though each of the individual 5 minute exports were in-sync. I tried exporting the assembled project in both h.264 and h.265 with the same result. I took those same 5 minute segments over to Media Composer and the final result was perfectly in-sync (not the boy-band).

My conclusion is that there is something funky going on with LumaFusion - even after a consolidate / optimize I still had the issue. Historically I have been able to produce much longer videos with LumaFusion without any audio sync errors (up to a 3 hour project - no sync issues).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:24 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi BarkinMadd

No issues here at the moment

Does it still go out of sync at 44.1khz? Could you try it please

Not expecting that to 'fix' it but trying to narrow it down

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:32 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Will try Dave. Thanks.

This is the first time I have compiled sources from other people’s cell phones and I was hoping the optimize would help. The fact that it works in Media Composer is interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:06 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Dave,

I tried with 44.1 kHz and also tried to export as MOV instead of MP4. Neither made any significant difference - audio still out of sync.

I'll try to get to the bottom of this at some point. I just wanted to post here in case anyone else had noticed. Next stop, Google (although there are too many hits relating to a problem that was fixed several versions ago).

Cheers

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are the segments all from iPhones?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:04 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Dave,

They all appear to be from smartphones (not iPhones specifically) so I imagine that they are probably using variable framerate. The thing that surprises me is that after exporting shorter segments of the main timeline and then reassembling them, the re-assembly still has the sync issue even though each of the shorter segments appeared to be OK (e.g., I took a 40 minute timeline, copied 8 5-minute segments (one at a time) to a scratch project and exported the 5-minute segment to a new movie. Then I created a new project where I strung the 8 5-minute segments together and exported the new 40-minute project as a movie... and it exhibited sync issues).

As I mentioned (but with fewer details), I took these same 8 5-minute segments into Media Composer and exported a final movie with the audio perfectly in-sync. This is so weird.

Thx

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Steve

I know this isn't what you want to do but..

Do you have a couple of clips from the same device that you could join together in a fresh project and see if they export with audio in sync?

.. thanks for the help you're giving trying to find the reason for the sync problem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:55 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Dave - I did grab a couple of clips from the problematic project to a new project and then duplicated them to make the project about 30 minutes long and when rendered to a movie, the movie audio was still in-sync so I'm not sure what is going on the original project.

The original project also has several sections that are simply a photo montage with either a voice-over track or a music track - so it's not all smartphone footage... I will give it another try with all the smartphone clips - maybe one of the clips is the problem?