Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:09 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4.3 is now available in the App Store

Post subject: YouTube account missing
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:30 am 

Hi all,

I wanted to upload a video to YouTube but after writing the video LumaFusion crashed and didn‘t upload to YouTube.
I noticed that there‘s no account shown in the lower right corner of the YouTube sharing dialog, just a greyed-out logout icon:
Attachment:
File comment: No YouTube Account
EBE13065-C4B2-4CF2-A3F2-8E9FA45F6072.jpeg
EBE13065-C4B2-4CF2-A3F2-8E9FA45F6072.jpeg [ 144.37 KiB | Viewed 231 times ]
I also observerd that I cannot select a category for the video because the list is empty:
Attachment:
File comment: No YouTube categories available
94EE1C97-4B83-46B3-AE2E-F0E12BFC6F40.jpeg
94EE1C97-4B83-46B3-AE2E-F0E12BFC6F40.jpeg [ 117.89 KiB | Viewed 231 times ]
Killing LumaFusion doesn‘t help here. Also, removing the YouTube option for the export dialog and re-adding it back doesn‘t help.
Because there’s no dedicated YouTube accounts management option/dialog/settings I‘m afraid the only solution might be to uninstall the app and re-install it?! Will I lose all my projects then?

Is this a known bug?

Thanks so much!
Stefan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:21 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry I don’t know the answer but maybe you could just export to Photos and then import that into YouTube using the website.
Yes you will lose your projects if you uninstall LumaFusion but there should be a backup in the Files app. I’d play safe and duplicate the whole LumaFusion folder in Files before deleting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good advice Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:32 pm 

Quote:
Sorry I don’t know the answer but maybe you could just export to Photos and then import that into YouTube using the website.
Yes you will lose your projects if you uninstall LumaFusion but there should be a backup in the Files app. I’d play safe and duplicate the whole LumaFusion folder in Files before deleting.
Thanks, Mark, for the help!
I’m aware that there are other ways to upload to YT. ;)
I was just wondering how to fix this obvious & strange problem/bug.
Too bad that there’s no way of resetting some settings, like the currently logged-in YT account. The fact that I don’t get the YT/Google login dialog lets me assume that I am already logged in. But then the account‘s name is missing in the GUI. Don’t know how this could happen.

On my iPad Pro in the LumaFusion folder there’s a „Projects“ folder with 3 items and a „Project-Backup“ folder with 22 items – in LumaFusion, however, I see 8 projects. Have to find out now how to really backup all current 8 projects with all their media files ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

https://luma-touch.com/wp-content/uploa ... -Guide.pdf

Page 15 will tell you how to do it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:34 am 

Quote:
https://luma-touch.com/wp-content/uploa ... -Guide.pdf

Page 15 will tell you how to do it
Thanks so much, Dave, for even pointing to the page of the manual! :)
I manually archived all my projects one after the other, deleted LumaFusion all together and re-downloaded it from the AppStore.

Guess what: when now trying to export directly to YouTube LumaFusion STILL doesn’t ask for my Google account!
VERY strange! I have no idea how to solve this right now and will use the workaround and first render the video to Photos or Files.

If you guys from LumaTouch want me to further investigate things here, let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:59 am 

So, there's nothing I can do to bring back the "post directly to YouTube" feature?
:(