Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:14 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4.3 is now available in the App Store

Post subject: Best Video Output
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:03 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey guys,

What the best output options when rendering a video, H264 or H265 to get the best quality with 4k/Ultra/30fps?

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Best Video Output
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I don’t actually know exactly because I only output 1080 but I can say that for 1080 I can’t see any quality loss with H265 and the file size is way smaller.
I believe the same applies to 4K so it depends on whether you would prefer to have the best output just in case someone will notice the difference one day.
Frankly for my projects the content and story is of more of interest to any audience (other than me) than any perceptible quality.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:44 am 
Novice
Novice

Unless you’re using slides, UHD/4K at 30fps will look jerky on big screens. You would get better visual results using 1080p with a higher frame rate. Moving high action pictures will look particularly bad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:23 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Unless you’re using slides, UHD/4K at 30fps will look jerky on big screens. You would get better visual results using 1080p with a higher frame rate. Moving high action pictures will look particularly bad.
Out of curiosity, why is this the case? Assuming the playback hardware is powerful enough and the video has been encoded right I would have thought 30fps at 4k would look just as solid as 30fps at 1080p. I’ve yet to venture into the world of 4k editing, so forgive my ignorance!