Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:52 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4.2 is now available in the App Store

Post subject: Video Feedback?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:24 am 
Novice
Novice

Is there any chance of being able to get some sort of visual feedback effect to work?
The ability to use the previous frame as the underlying frame of the next frame, treating it as if it's an actual layer, adding effects (eg, blur) to it, and have semi-transparent overlayed visuals build up over time.
I know that's kind of a "power" feature, and probably isn't the sort of stuff that this tool is intended for, but it would certainly allow me to create more interesting music videos!!

(Also, additional request. any kinds of audio-interaction would be very much appreciated. I'm currently using FFmpeg to render a waveform.mp4 and overlaying that onto my videos.)

Post subject: Re: Video Feedback?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:36 am 
Adept
Adept

Could you post a video showing an example of the effect(s) you are looking to implement?

MVE

Post subject: Re: Video Feedback?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:15 pm 
Novice
Novice

Each frame is stored in a buffer.
On the next frame, that buffer is available as the bottom-most video layer.
By simply rescaling the layer up a teensy bit, and adding a bit of blur, and a tiny amount of blending you get a nice smoke effect.
One the next frame, everything adds a little bit more. The buffer now has the current frame, the blurred frame. It's again scaled and blurred more. The new frame is drawn on top, once again.
And as the video continues, the blurry Smokey effect builds and the overall video is enhanced as a result.

Add any number of the provided Lumia effects, and you've a wild amount of variation to play with.

Video feedback is a very basic effect, but (for obvious reasons) works best when played forwards. Jumping around the timeline would break the effect, or require the preview to re-interpret the last few frames..