Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:36 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

Post subject: Freeing up storage
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:23 am 
Novice
Novice

Greetings,

I know this was covered somewhere but I couldn't find it so I have to ask here.

On the iPad I went to the LumaFusion folder and deleted files no longer needed for projects I have finished. This includes going through every folder and making sure there aren't any Media hiding. Projects have been exported and I deleted them off the timeline. The videos in the Photos app have been deleted as well.
Yet when I go to Settings/iPad Storage I see LumaFusion is taking up 29.98GB of space. When clicking on that it shows the app size as 150.7MB and the rest, 29.83GB are for Documents & Data.

Is there something in the app itself I'm missing? Where are those 29.83GB hiding? :)
Thanks,
chris

Post subject: Re: Freeing up storage
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:23 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

They will be in the Recently Deleted folder of the Files app and will still be allocated as memory to LumaFusion until they auto delete in about 30 days. You can delete them manually though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wish there was an option to 'delete immediately'

No change in IOS14 Mark?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:14 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

No but I guess delete immediately is a bit risky and probably shouldn’t be too available. As usual video tends to stretch the capacity of devices more than other uses, even photos, and isn’t likely to get special treatment because it doesn’t have a lot of users.
Maybe a warning when deleting media and projects in LumaFusion would be helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:18 am 
Novice
Novice

So it’s better to store your working files in to Files app only because if you have it in photos app you will have 2 copies of your files there one time + copes in LumaFusion.
And you can restart your iOS device to clean the cash files that will change your store capacity.
;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:10 am 
Novice
Novice

Thanks for the replies.
I had deleted them from the Recently Deleted folder but after going back to check, I see they are still there. I deleted them again and they continue to show up like an unwanted guest.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

In the Files app? You’re not talking about the Photos app which is different? This may be because you haven’t deleted them in LumaFusion. Files sometimes wants the file’s app to officially delete them.
Having said that they do delete for me regardless. If I remember the only files that don’t delete fully are connected to some other app that has some kind of synching.
I’d also say that you can worry too much about the memory usage figures. It’s all confusing but iOS will generally clear any deleted stuff in the background when you need the space so don’t worry about the numbers too much. Only worry if you are adding lots of new video and performance suffers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:59 pm 
Novice
Novice

Yes in the Files app in the Recently Deleted section the videos are still there. I deleted them everywhere else I found them...Photos, LumaFusion, iCloud. I can’t say for sure but I don’t ever recall having this happen. It was only a problem when I last exported a project, I had to make room for LumaFusion to write the video.
I shut down the iPad and restarted it to no avail.
I’m not going to worry, I don’t have any projects coming up soon. In the meantime I’ll continue to learn.
Thanks for your help.
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:37 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have a look at this thread;

https://forums.luma-touch.com/viewtopi ... wrapheader

I find the file app buggy, but my post in the above thread usually works for me.

Glenn.