Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:48 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:04 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I get around the Photos app iCloud thing by air dropping source videos from my phone to my iPad as a zip file (you can make a simple Shortcut to zip media in the Shortcuts app). When a zip folder is airdropped to the iPad the iPad always asks which app you want to put it in and you can choose LumaFusion or just Files. If you choose LumaFusion it is unzipped automatically. In Files you have to tap on it to unzip.
I remember now that you mentioned that once before. I'll try that next time. Thanks.
How about sharing the shortcut? I presume one copies the file to the clipboard, and then run a shortcut that is something like Get Clipboard, Make Archive, AirDrop File, am I missing anything?
Sorry I missed your post. Here’s the link. You can’t use the clipboard for multiple videos so it runs from the share sheet after selecting the videos in the Photos App. It’s just two actions - make (zip) archive (from input) and share (archive) (choose Airdrop to your iPad).

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/814d15 ... a564b0a88b

Note that the shortcut name is preceded by an emoji. This helps me quickly see my most used shortcuts in the share sheet. Also that it may take about a minute for the archive to be created. I’d avoid doing too many or very big ones. Usually I’m doing about twenty 4-6 sec clips at a time.

Hope this helps

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/958ab6 ... 929549fcdb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:57 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I get around the Photos app iCloud thing by air dropping source videos from my phone to my iPad as a zip file (you can make a simple Shortcut to zip media in the Shortcuts app). When a zip folder is airdropped to the iPad the iPad always asks which app you want to put it in and you can choose LumaFusion or just Files. If you choose LumaFusion it is unzipped automatically. In Files you have to tap on it to unzip.
Quote:
I remember now that you mentioned that once before. I'll try that next time. Thanks.
So I tried the following shortcut:

Make .zip archive from input
AirDrop Archive

And I ran it from the share sheet, sending an MP4 video from my iPhone to my iPad. It ran, but again It was put in photos on the iPad. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:35 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hmm. Curious. I always get an open with query even with a single clip in the archive. I suspect that the OS is programmed to keep things simple maybe because it hasn’t imported archives before and it decrees that a single video can go straight to Photos. Also since videos and photos are effectively already compressed an archive of a single video is almost identical to the video itself.
If I’m right try it with an archive of several photos and videos or maybe try giving it more practice by airdropping archives of other types, eg text documents as well. If it has previously had various mixtures it’s more likely to ask what to open it in I hope.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:29 pm 
Novice
Novice

Ha! Some experimentation showed that the files in question were damaged! They had been synced via iTunes, and now that function is in the finder, the files are unreadable. Gronk.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:34 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Glad you sorted it. Phew!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:59 pm 

Quote:
I gave up and just transferred it in toto using a thumb drive. Oh, well. What really bugs me is that any photo or video transferred via airdrop gets automatically uploaded into iCloud. I have very slow internet (DSL) and I only want to upload my finished work to iCloud - if then!
I believe you can disable auto uploads to iCloud. But I recent adopter of Lumafusion, so I might have that wrong. Re the OP I have had mixed results importing from Files. I really do not understand the inconsistencies. Sometimes it works flawlessly and other times it just does not work. I have found that importing from Photos works consistently. However, photos is an organizational nightmare because Lumafusion does not seem to recognize Albums. All that said I edited four videos for the Delaware Art Museum over the past ten days, and they came out fine, once I git last the initial hiccups.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I cam see all my albums in LumaFusion
Attachment:
D3E10C38-4A5B-482D-ACC5-023352B46915.jpeg
D3E10C38-4A5B-482D-ACC5-023352B46915.jpeg [ 90.8 KiB | Viewed 147 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:57 pm 

Hello. I also bought an iPhone, and now I understand that I don't know what programs I can install on it and whether they will all work. I recently wanted to install this fastessay.net/write-my-essay.html service, but it didn't work. It shows an error. Guys, where can I find a list of programs that the iPhone supports and which I can install for free? Please tell me where to go for help. Thank you all in advance.