Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:55 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:06 pm 
Novice
Novice

I have an MP4 file from which I wish to extract a small portion and save. I moved the original file into the Files app (in the on my iPad section) and from there opened it in LumaFusion. It shows up fine in the preview window, and I can even pre-trim it if I wish. But when I move it down to the main editing area, it shows up as gray and blue stripes, as if it had not yet been imported. I did make sure the original file and the new project had the same frame rate, 29.97 FPS Anybody have any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks, Chip

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, the files app is good, but not that good ..yet

Try copying it to the UserMedia directory within LumaFusion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:14 am 
Novice
Novice

Nope. I put it in the user media folder selected a portion for further editing, moved it to the timeline, and again get the blue and gray stripes. The clip is never added, but but I get the alert in red indicating that it’s downloading media, but it never ends.

I’ve done this kind of thing before, from other arbitrary folders without problem, so I’m truly confused. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where is the original clip stored?

Are you able to add the whole clip? (I know you don't want to do this)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:32 am 
Novice
Novice

I gave up and just transferred it in toto using a thumb drive. Oh, well. What really bugs me is that any photo or video transferred via airdrop gets automatically uploaded into iCloud. I have very slow internet (DSL) and I only want to upload my finished work to iCloud - if then!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I get around the Photos app iCloud thing by air dropping source videos from my phone to my iPad as a zip file (you can make a simple Shortcut to zip media in the Shortcuts app). When a zip folder is airdropped to the iPad the iPad always asks which app you want to put it in and you can choose LumaFusion or just Files. If you choose LumaFusion it is unzipped automatically. In Files you have to tap on it to unzip.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:49 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I get around the Photos app iCloud thing by air dropping source videos from my phone to my iPad as a zip file (you can make a simple Shortcut to zip media in the Shortcuts app). When a zip folder is airdropped to the iPad the iPad always asks which app you want to put it in and you can choose LumaFusion or just Files. If you choose LumaFusion it is unzipped automatically. In Files you have to tap on it to unzip.
I remember now that you mentioned that once before. I'll try that next time. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:21 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Quote:
I remember now that you mentioned that once before. I'll try that next time. Thanks.
How about sharing the shortcut? I presume one copies the file to the clipboard, and then run a shortcut that is something like Get Clipboard, Make Archive, AirDrop File, am I missing anything?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:33 am 
Novice
Novice

User media sub folder in LumaFusion in Files is the right place to store your work files.

Attachments:
50445D46-8398-460D-9774-460589015104.png
50445D46-8398-460D-9774-460589015104.png [ 449.08 KiB | Viewed 397 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep, like I said in post 2

(thanks for the screen grab)