Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:34 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:09 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hi. I usually worked with smaller/shorter videos, but this time I shooted a podcast with a Go Pro. It took about 1:45 hour long, has a resolution of 1920x1080 pix and 2,1 GB memory. I saved my MP4 file on iPad Pro 10.5 as ussual, but when I put it on the timeline it keeps processing the file and still is from 2 hours now. Is this normal for the whole process to take so much time?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:45 pm 
Novice
Novice

OK, after whole night it is still being processed and I can't edit the file until it is done. I hope someone can help so I could get rid of my PC and start fully using my LumaFusion.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:01 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi, I can imagine there is a big line of people with different issues. But can anyone tell me why that big file imports indefinetelly? I really try to get rid of my laptop while focusing on iPad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So

Is the file size 2.1 gig?

How much free space to you have on your device?

How are you trying to 'import' it?

You say it's a GoPro file can you give more info about the format? (my guess is you have everything you possibly can cranked up to max - just because you can) .. big is not always best

Edit: I've just imported a 2.12 gig file from my NAS drive to my iPhone XR (with 80 gig of free space) wirelessly in 4 min 55 seconds

(I dragged the file to a blank timeline, it took about 2 seconds to drag it and it showed up straight away)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:56 pm 
Novice
Novice

First of all, thank You for the respond. Luma Fusion is my personal game changer at work, so I couldn't wait to finally get an answer :) I use different cameras: from Panasonic, through Sony, and now Go Pro from a few days. But I made a small mistake about my post, I didn't record it with Go Pro. I did that with OBS Studio on my laptop, Go Pro was just giving the signal to PC (through black magic web presenter).

To answer Your questions:
- I got over 100 GB free space left, it is a 256 GB version of 2-nd Generation iPad Pro 10,5 inches
- by importing I meant... I saved a video on my PC, copied to SD card, then copied to "Files" on my iPad using a SD card reader. After I got it on iPad I simply drag & dropped it as every other video. I can see it in a preview window in Luma, but when I drag&drop it on timeline, the program keeps processing the file on and on
- the format of a file is a MPEG-4, 30 fps (1 clip in 1 track), 105m49sec long long, 2.1 GB, 1920x1080, avc1 codec

Just in case I will try to delete the video and save it again on my iPad in the meantime.

P.S. Seems like it is OBS Studio files, that seems to be the problem. I checked long, average long and even a 3 seconds long file recorded on my laptop using OBS Studio. All of them have same issue when trying to drag&drop it on the timeline. Any advice on that?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aha!

The files app is good, it not that good ... yet

So
Using the files app go to On My iPad
Go to LumaFusion
Go to UserMedia
Create a directory called ObsImport
Import your file to the ObsImport directory you just created
Now when you’re in LumaFusion you should see your ObsImport directory with your file inside that
Attachment:
26802387-DA1B-4E15-B676-7C7327A4806E.jpeg
26802387-DA1B-4E15-B676-7C7327A4806E.jpeg [ 60.34 KiB | Viewed 3703 times ]
Let us know how you get on

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:55 am 
Novice
Novice

It worked! So now I am like a...

Should I even try to understand why my way didn't work and Yours did? Thanks.
P.S. Yeah, I feel like I need to understand for the future, so please explain what videos and where should I import them to.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Excellent!

It's partly (mainly?) because the way file manager works at the moment is still a bit poor - maybe IOS14 will fix it

It's also about IOS/Apple trying to keep importing of external files safe

Have a search for some of MarkNZL's posts they are helpful on this subject

I just collect all my files for the video that aren't already on my iThing into a directory and copy the whole directory to imported

Is that the best way? Dunno but it works for me so it's the best way for me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:27 am 
Novice
Novice

Obviously yes, there is a problem with files being imported to iPad. I noticed that a while ago that I can't even see everything I imported into "Files" section, but if I move it to different sub catalog, it works.

I tried to search some through the forum at the beggining, but I looked for wrong error. Now I get it more and seems like Your solution is better.

Have a good day. Thanks again.