Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:38 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:35 pm 
Novice
Novice

I'm just being silly but I was thinking about what features I would like to see based on my typical workflow in my desktop NLE (Media Composer and Resolve Studio)... Here are a couple of things I miss:

1. Roto-scope to create an animate-able mask (must include feathering in/out of mask edge)
2. Motion tracker to allow a layer to follow the motion of the layer below (e.g., the roto-scope mask following a subject)
3. Motion stabilizer to remove or smooth shake from an image
4. Parade and vector scopes for color correction
5. Kerning and leading for title text (it's really handy to be able to increase/decrease the space between characters of a title)

I have to say that LumaFusion is pretty fantastic in its current functionality but if I had to add just a handful of features, these would be them... Of course I understand that everyone likely has their own top 5 and I've probably forgotten some. The latest update to 2.3 has provided a copy/paste functionality between projects that really makes the idea of benefiting from a scratch project for pre-renders a reality.

Kudos to the team and cheers

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good suggestions Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:46 pm 
Novice
Novice

Yup, rotoscoping & masking are my big wishes

Not to forget advance keying like in After effects

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:31 pm 

No love for optical flow? That is one feature I really want

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
No love for optical flow? That is one feature I really want
How are you using optical flow? As a means to blend jump-cuts? Yeah - that's a good one. Optical flow is also used as part of time warp (slowing down below the native FPS) - both use cases would be great to see in a future release.

I'm sure the developers are rolling their eyes - all in good time. Of course, I don't expect that they will add all of these features at no cost. I would be interested to enter a conversation regarding how they might monetize their efforts. I don't want to spend a lot more money but I would understand if they needed to charge an add-on fee for 'extras'... It's worth a conversation at least. Don't hate me for suggesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is also the ‘cost’ of slowing the app down and not doing stuff in real time

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:12 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
There is also the ‘cost’ of slowing the app down and not doing stuff in real time
That's a great point, Dave - I am so used to having to render effects in my desktop NLEs that I forgot about the real-time nature of LumaFusion. Of course, as the effects become more complex (like noise reduction and optical flow) it's difficult to keep to real-time and some sort of pre-composition must be done. Most people using LumaFusion are used to exporting short clips so that they can be re-imported to then be used in more complex scenarios. It's hard to manage that type of workflow as the complexity of an edit increases but for short productions it quite manageable...

I would love to have sub-folders for my project lists so that I could group projects together (useful for having a main timeline along with sub-projects used for pre-rendering, for example).

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

(That's not to say it's not 'on the list' though)