Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:32 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:44 am 

Question to the team: Has any one been experiencing this? I have a project package that I exported to a SSD drive, unfortunately deleted the project from Luma before testing - when I try to import from the SSD - it crashes the app.

I have tried importing the file from the SSD, from a network drive and then locally from the iPad to no avail. The project is not that big (about 1.2Gb). I have experienced this now with a couple of different project packages.

This is my first time dealing with project packages - so curious to know if any one has been experiencing this problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Ramsesm

Welcome to the forum

Have a look here

https://luma-touch.helpscoutdocs.com/ar ... rive-issue

Let us know how you get on

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:41 pm 

This makes a lot of sense... THANK you... this is perhaps what happened. I did save directly to the SSD so there is a good chance that it is corrupt.

Thank you - I have followed the instructions on formatting the drive - I’m going to get in contact with support to see if I can repair the two damaged project packages. I really thank you for pointing me in the right direction :)

I don’t get the error thought, the app just crashes... but I’m pretty sure this is the problem...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:01 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is interesting.....
I posted on the Apple forum I was having corruption issues saving to a Sandisk SSD and got a very detailed response about the way in which portable drives handle safe removal.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251276085

My issue related to saving files to the SSD, didn’t matter what format I was saving; mp4, zip, mov, etc., random corruption occurred. So it’s interesting that LF see this as a problem with a LF package archive.

I have a question: the LF article suggests reformatting the external drive to APFS I believe. Can this be done on a Windows machine or maybe Linux?

I don’t have a Mac, but if I want to use a drive purely for use with IOS for backup purposes, if I can’t format as suggested on a Mac, how do I do it?

Regards, Glenn.