Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:40 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:39 pm 
Adept
Adept

I have a video clip , 4K at 407,1 MBits/s, and i can import it on the timeline in LumaFusion.

But when i want to export the clip or movie with Video codec H264, the maximum Video Quality I get is : Ultra (150MBps).
And if choose video codec: H265 the maximum video quality is : Ultra (97 Mbps).

I tried to playback the videoclip that i exported with video qiality 150 MBps on my laptop, and it played about 80% Ok, i then saw some artifacts, like it was struggling to play it. I then imported the clip into Adobe Premiere Elements on my laptop, and then could see that the artifacts was indeed in the clip.
So the artifacts was created when i exported the clip from LumaFusion.

Though when i imported the original footage into LumaFusion, I then could see a warning text in yellow above the clip which said: "This clip is not fully compatible with this IOS device and may cause crashes and playback issues".

So, is there any others who are familiar with this type of problem?
The footage was filmed on a FujiFilm Xt-4.
Is my only solution to just record my footage on my camera with a lower bitrate?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will ask the developers

Are your clips 10 bit?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi StonedEdit

Here's the reply from the developers:

'iOS does support 10-bit H264 and H265, but the bitrate there is higher than normal for iOS, so it’s not entirely unsurprising that the decoders had difficulty with it. They could try doing an optimize or re-encode the video, but for now those are probably the only options'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:56 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Hi StonedEdit

Here's the reply from the developers:

'iOS does support 10-bit H264 and H265, but the bitrate there is higher than normal for iOS, so it’s not entirely unsurprising that the decoders had difficulty with it. They could try doing an optimize or re-encode the video, but for now those are probably the only options'
Ok, thanks for bringing the question/problem to the developers.
Im not sure if the footage was 10-bit, it was stores straight to a memory card and not through the HDMI port to a monitor with diskdrive.

UPDATE: I tried to "Optimize and Consolidate" the project, and then saw the clips was converted to 96 Mbps, so I then exported the footage at Extreme 100 Mbps, and then played the clip on my laptop. I still got the artifacts, so i now will try to record on my camera at a bitrate that is lower than 150 MBps, so that LumaFusion will not have any issues with my clips. Hopefully that will resolve all the problems.