Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:25 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:18 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hi!
i have a problem that i think i need some help or guidance with. I have made this film in LumaFusion (about 15 1/2 minutes long).
I first exported a 1080p version with the H265 format. I then saw that there where several places in the film where there where bad frames.
And it usually happened where i had transitions between two clips.

I then tried to export with h264 format, but that had no effect.
I then did the optimize and consolidate, and restarted the Ipad Pro (2018 model), but still same problem, maybe a slight improvement.

Mostly the footage was filmed with a DJI Action camera.

I attach a screenshot that demonstrates the problem (During transition). This screenshot is after i have done optimize and consolidate and restarted the Ipad.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Attachments:
File comment: This is another example of the problem.
Capture3_1080p_H264 etter optimize og restart av Ipad.JPG
Capture3_1080p_H264 etter optimize og restart av Ipad.JPG [ 261.52 KiB | Viewed 2435 times ]
File comment: Bad frames in exported film from LumaFusion
Capture5_Etter restart.JPG
Capture5_Etter restart.JPG [ 296.04 KiB | Viewed 2435 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:59 am 

Maybe you have the same problem I have, your footage is not 100% compatible with LumaFusion.
My exported videos are not fluid.
The support team suggested me to follow the steps at this page for my footage before importing it into LumaFusion: https://luma-touch.helpscoutdocs.com/ar ... lumafusion

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:12 am 
Adept
Adept

It might be so Allemattio! Though when i played the project in LumaFusion it all seemed fine and no problem, the problem came after I exported
the film.
Thanks for the tip about using handbrake to fix the clips. I will try that! You were lucky with only a 3 minute project. Mine is over 15 minutes.
I think I will first change a few clips, do an export and then see if it works, before i do the whole project.

I then have to figure out how to replace a clip, without losing the in and out points from the original clip.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:39 am 
Adept
Adept

[UPDATE]: I tried to reconvert some clips with Handbrake, and used the new clips, and re-exported the film again.
It was a little better, but still not good, and now i also could get those artifacts in the middle of the clip, not only in a transition.
This is dissapointing, it would be a real pity if i now have to edit all my DJI Osmo Action footage on my pc instead.

I will try to see if this problem is known on the DJI forums.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:57 am 
Adept
Adept

I tried to reconvert the DJI Osmo Actipon footage from mp4 to .MOV using the software: Aimersoft Video Converter on my laptop.
And I had hope this would help since the .mov format has been supported and used by Apple for a long time.
So maybe using .mov clips would work better in LumaFusion.

After importing the footage back and exporting the film again, it was still not good.

So i think i have to throw in the towel and start all over again and edit the clips on my laptop.

I will do a new test with the DJI OSMO Action camera, and try to record directly to the .mov format in the camera itself.
And then import the clips into LumaFusion and then see if that works better when i export the clips again.
If that works, great then I have a solution for future filming with the DJI OSMO Action camera.
If that does not help, then i think its time to say goodbye to DJI, and find another action camera that will work better with LumaFusion.

PS: I know LumaTech has said its due to how Apple treats the mp4 clips in IOS, so the solution might be Apple fixing this in a future upgrade to IOS.
But who knows if this will happen or when?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You’d think Apple would want to fix it since you can (could?) buy DJI stuff in their stores

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 pm 
Adept
Adept

Yes, Dave you would think Apple would do so.
I got a reply on the DJI forum, another user of LumaFusion that uses the DJI OSMO Action camera, but he had no such problems as i did.
Though he was recording to the .MOV format on his camera, so that might be the solution for me, for future recordings on my camera.
And then I dont have to sell my action camera if that works for me as well. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I’ve got an Osmo Pocket and a Mavic Pro but I don’t use them at max bit rates etc

I’m aware of the problems you’re having, and the reasons, but must admit I don’t see it here

Do you use them at ‘full thrash’?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 3:07 pm 
Adept
Adept

But Dave, do you record to .mp4 or .MOV on your DJI devices?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All my recordings are .mp4 h264