Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:52 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

Lumafusion ‘Sandwich’ - split clip length discrepancies following deletion of adjacent clip, why does this happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8l3Ngafjc

After a clip is split, (sometimes/ often/ maybe less/ maybe more) this split clip length mysteriously protrudes forward, creating a sandwich of sort after an adjacent clip is deleted. I can certainly realigned the top clip length to remove the sandwich, but it’s simply an added inconvenience.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:36 pm 
Novice
Novice

Edit: messed up.
Edit: The existing topic still applies though. The sandwich thing still happens, and I’m not sure why.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:27 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a suggestion that may explain the “sandwich”.
Try unlinking the clip on track 2 you dragged left with the main track.
Glenn.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:43 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Glenn.
Not sure how to ‘unlink’ the clip. Is track 2 the bottom clip?

Yesterday I stumbled onto something interesting with the sandwich. It’s not that the clip extends in length (as I initially suspected), but the clip actually repositions causing a visual desync. This is why my clips seems to go out of visual sync for no reason (or so I thought).

LumaFusion Sandwich de-syncs split screens (timeline clip shifts position)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRO83z ... e=youtu.be

Edit: 5/6/20:
More strange behavior
especially from 1:50 to 2:00 mark considering I made ‘even cuts on both stripes location. Regardless of how I delete the unwanted trimmings, the sandwich still happens (not shown in the video; decided to test various deletion combinations after I stopped recording and still does it.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B53UoM ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:14 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Quote:
Glenn.

The tracks number from the main track, the bottom one, upwards. You can use the “link” icon at the bottom of the editor to link/unlink specific clips or use the link icon alongside the track to link/unlink the whole track.

I can see from you latest video you have a lot of clips in your project.
I think your problem “lumasandwich” stems from how your clips are linked.
I’m not overly familiar with the linking feature but have tested on a simple project and it looks like it can be quite a complex area, as the topmost track can be linked to the track underneath it and so on down to the main track (the one that has the insert/overwrite arrow next to it).

Hope this help you sort things out, let us know how you get on.

Good luck - keep safe.

Glenn.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:38 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Glenn.

The tracks number from the main track, the bottom one, upwards. You can use the “link” icon at the bottom of the editor to link/unlink specific clips or use the link icon alongside the track to link/unlink the whole track.

I can see from you latest video you have a lot of clips in your project.
I think your problem “lumasandwich” stems from how your clips are linked.
I’m not overly familiar with the linking feature but have tested on a simple project and it looks like it can be quite a complex area, as the topmost track can be linked to the track underneath it and so on down to the main track (the one that has the insert/overwrite arrow next to it).

Hope this help you sort things out, let us know how you get on.

Good luck - keep safe.

Glenn.
Two vid below.

Long video starting over with a fresh project - 12 minutes. Don’t really have to watch it, but it just shows my split screen process. Cut/deletion doesn’t create the ‘sandwich’ effect. So I’m not sure what’s the actual trigger at this point. First 1 minute shows the end result. One minute mark onward shows the process from the start.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RWwSzE ... e=youtu.be
Non-pertinent information. The long vid above shows one of the main reason why I stopped buying MLB the Show since 2016, and decided to play the Japanese baseball game Pro Yakyuu Spirits (despite not knowing a lick of Japanese). Pitching motions in MLB the Show is drastically lacking proper mechanics.

LumaFusion - link feature test
Using the link feature kind of throws things out of sync by default (it appears), especially when I include clip insertions. I also tried the lock mechanism and that doesn’t prevent out of sync issues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vVpPIu ... e=youtu.be