Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 5:33 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:55 pm 
Novice
Novice

I am back. I used to use LumaFusion a long time ago and I gave a lot of feedback. I just got the 2020 iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard. Looooove IT!!!!
In IOS 13 Apple introduced the FILES app. Or section of IOS now iPadOS. Allowing more of a file system structure. At first it was not very intergraded and basically just an app. Now, in 13.4.1. “FILES”, works so much better.
I recorded a podcast to show off my iPad Pro and Magic keyboard on my Google Pixel 4XL. Great so far. I used the App Called PhotoSync , which is on both IOS and Android, to transfer files to my iPad. The files ended up under FILES/DOWNLOAD On my iPad. Then I started up Lumafuson. ;Started a new project and went to import video. I think you know where I am going with this story. I see no way to import the video files in the Files section. I never know what to call “Files”.
If there is an option I am not seeing, Please let me know. Otherwise, this needs to be the next update on Your list. Right now the only work around is to copy all my files to Photos. Then I will be able to import my files.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Or maybe Apple need to improve their files app even more?

The files app has brought a lot of improvements but I agree that it’s not quite there yet

Maybe ios14?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:10 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
I used the App Called PhotoSync , which is on both IOS and Android, to transfer files to my iPad. The files ended up under FILES/DOWNLOAD On my iPad. Then I started up Lumafuson. ;Started a new project and went to import video. I think you know where I am going with this story. I see no way to import the video files in the Files section. I never know what to call “Files”.
If there is an option I am not seeing, Please let me know. Otherwise, this needs to be the next update on Your list. Right now the only work around is to copy all my files to Photos. Then I will be able to import my files.
In the Files app (not LumaFusion) you need to move or copy your videos into the OnMyiPad/LumaFusion/UserMedia folder or a sub folder. Then in LumaFusion you will see them in Sources/Imported (not in Photos). Confusing but you get used to it.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:31 pm 

Quote:
I am back. I used to use LumaFusion a long time ago and I gave a lot of feedback. I just got the 2020 iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard. Looooove IT!!!!
In IOS 13 Apple introduced the FILES app. Or section of IOS now iPadOS. Allowing more of a file system structure. At first it was not very intergraded and basically just an app. Now, in 13.4.1. “FILES”, works so much better.
I recorded a podcast to show off my iPad Pro and Magic keyboard on my Google Pixel 4XL. Great so far. I used the App Called PhotoSync , which is on both IOS and Android, to transfer files to my iPad. The files ended up under FILES/DOWNLOAD On my iPad. Then I started up Lumafuson. ;Started a new project and went to import video. I think you know where I am going with this story. I see no way to import the video files in the Files section. I never know what to call “Files”.
Hi. Have you tried clicking “Sources” > “Files” > “Add Link to Folder”? That’s how I linked my whole Files app directory to LumaFusion without having to move files around in the Files app. Once you’ve set that up, there should be a subfolder under the Files portion of your LumaFusion sources that’s called com~apple~CloudDocs (and sometimes there will be a subfolder called Downloaded Media).

Attachments:
2A35EC56-A63F-4EB9-BE02-5A08F854C363.jpeg
2A35EC56-A63F-4EB9-BE02-5A08F854C363.jpeg [ 644.02 KiB | Viewed 912 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:31 pm 
Expert
Expert

Good point. I’d forgotten that because I copy everything from my SD card to a LumaFusion folder anyway.