I have an issue scrolling though my timeline and wondered if anyone could help.
I have no idea what to even call this problem or how to describe it well, but the gist is that as I go between clips, in this case comparing a couple grades against each other, I’m trying to back and forth to A-B them, but whichever clips serves as “B” it sometimes loads the LUT and other tweaks, and other times doesn’t. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I can pick up my finger and try again and sometimes it works, or it doesn’t, or it works once then goes back to it’s ungraded form.
And to be clear, the entire process of scrubbing breaks. The faulty, un-graded “B” frame is also frozen, so I can’t check action either. That might not be clear from the rather static clip in my living room.
This happens on clips of all varieties, regardless of 24fps or 60fps, no picture profile or cine2 or hlg, with LUTs or not, etc.
Thanks. Yes, this renders ok, but obviously a real headache for adjusting cuts.
Not seeing a difference with playback quality settings. That’s a setting I can never figure out if it’s doing anything, since I’m not seeing a difference in the quality of the playback or the scrubbing speed either way. Is that normal?
Same with optimize and consolidate, not seeing a difference one way or the other and clip scrubbing still hangs seemingly at random. Also, O+C is a pretty long processing time and not something I’d look forward to doing every time I import 20mins of video to cut down to something useful.
For reference, this is on a 2018 12.9 Pro 1TB, meaning it has the 6GB RAM so it’s right there with the 2020 machines as the most powerful possible for LumaFusion. All of my footage is Sony XAVCS h264 in either 100mps 4k or 50mps HD from the A6400. Is that format known to have any difficulty with LF? Am I the only one seeing this sort of glitch?
Ive also noticed a degradation in scrubbing performance within the preview window, this happens with no clip adjustments. Seems to have got worse once the version that included export as xml was released.
Prior to this both my iPad Air2 and iPad Pro 11 didn’t have any problem scrubbing through the timeline at the default preference setting. I changed this to try and improve the scrubbing but it made very little difference.
I found playing the project for a few seconds and then scrubbing back over the transition between the clips worked for a while but it eventually returned to poor performance. Sometimes there wasn’t even a transition at all but the preview screen went blank. Also, it seemed worse the slower you scrubbed.
Just want to update that I’ve gone back and I can definitely tell the difference between “fastest” and “best” quality and everything in between, especially when using an external monitor. So the quality is definitely changing, but I’m not seeing a difference in the scrubbing performance and the way it randomly gets stuck. I’m really trying everything, including a reinstall and making sure that there are no other processes running anywhere.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum