Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:33 am 
Novice
Novice

Following is my subjective review of LumaFusion usability for basic video editing.
Lets say that I am on a family holiday and record number of clips with my gopro7 during the day.
And now I am in the hotel room and want to edit a summary video of the day quickly.

Workflow steps after I have managed to copy all the clips from camera to ipad and Lumafusion timeline.

1. Trimming of clips in timeline. It works but is little bit clumsy since you don't have quick buttons or keyboard shortcut to trim from the beginning and end of the clip. It would be nice if you could set track higher in order to see audio better because I usually edit according to audio.

2. Adjusting audio of all clips (remove bass and add treble, for example). Not OK. You have to adjust each clip separately - not cool.

3. Adjusting brightness (gamma) and white balance of many or most of the clips. Not OK. You have to go back and forth between timeline and adjust window and generally there are too many steps in order to be efficient - not cool. It would be nice to be able to select and adjust several clips at a time.

4. Adding music. - This works ok. However, adjusting volume over time cannot be done in timeline and is a bit clumsy in separate window with keyframes.

5. Moving a clip in timeline. This works OK as the timeline is "magnetic" and clever and makes room automatically for the clip. It would be nice to be able to select and move several clips at a time though.

6. Adding titles. It works and provides lot of options. I seldom use titles though.

7. Rendering. This is amazing. Lot of options and formats, fast and good quality.

And the overall performance of the LumaFusion is excellent. It is fast and doesn't crash often.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks jartemo

(There's still more stuff to come)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:07 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Good points from an ordinary user (defined as someone who makes the sort videos I do. :D ). Anything that speeds up making a short video is useful. Or will be when life returns to normal. So I’d hope we get even more attention to the interface and ways of making tools faster to apply.