Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:18 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4.3 is now available in the App Store

Post subject: iPhone XS Max video
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:15 pm 

Hi

I edit in LumaFusion on an iPad Pro 2020. I can import and work with video shot on a GoPro Hero 8, GoPro Max & DJI Spark without any issues. However, video shot on my phone - iPhone XS Max, with the default Camera app, doesn’t play back nor render in any exported project.

This seems bizarre to me. I would have thought that video recorded on an Apple device would work with LumaFusion without issue.

The iPhone video is imported into LumaFusion via iCloud photos.

The only way I can get iPhone video to work reliably is to optimize the project. I feel this shouldn’t be necessary for iPhone footage.

Why isn’t it working?

Cheers
John

Post subject: Re: iPhone XS Max video
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:09 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Seems odd. Are the clips maybe loading too slowly from iCloud? Do they show with stripes on the timeline? Maybe optimising just gives them more time.
I find iCloud too slow except for occasional clips and usually transfer from iPhone to iPad with an SD card reader directly into LumaFusion using the Files app. Mind you I have to always format the SD card with a camera. Otherwise some of the files don’t write properly.