Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:29 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:36 pm 
Novice
Novice

Attachment:
B07EB359-93A7-4BF8-A11D-6E96EB1A708B.jpeg
B07EB359-93A7-4BF8-A11D-6E96EB1A708B.jpeg [ 634.03 KiB | Viewed 3894 times ]
More than 50% of the time, when I play the timeline, the smaller sound files don’t make any sound. Sometimes, the level meters will show sound going through the mixer but not always. If I close LumaTouch, and reopen it, then the sounds will play once, twice, maybe a few times; but will then be silent again. They always work in the export though.

This really slows down my workflow. It is really annoying to have to play back an edit 16 times in order to hear 4 clips play in sequence. Can someone tell me what is going on and how to fix this?

Thanks,

Kent

Last edited by Kent on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What speed have you got 'Preview' set to?

Try changing it to 'Fastest' and see if that makes a difference

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:40 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thank you, Dave. Alas, no change when set to “Fastest”.

I’ll try optimizing and consolidating now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, let us know how you get on

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:18 am 
Novice
Novice

This works temporarily. The optimized version plays back well but it all starts happening again when new files are added. The NEW files will show action on the meters to the left but the sounds are silent.

This ended up being a 3:07 video that is over 9GB in size. I think the size and juggling all of the audio edits is what makes everything go wonky.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:02 pm 

i have the same problem, and also loud static clicks prior to the sound clip, horrible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:14 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issues here.

Post subject: Audio Engine needs work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:58 pm 
Novice
Novice

This has become fatiguing. I really hope that this gets addressed in the next update. I'm exasperated with having to rewind 2, 3, 5, 6 times to hear a single file playback. Even in the 'clip mode', when only auditioning the clip, there will be no sound. Sometimes, the audio mixer's meters will flash; sometimes not; however, no sound will be generated. I have to relaunch Luma so many times during the course of working on projects that the 8 blue dots and one green one are burned into the retinas of my eyes.
Now imagine this happening several times in the space of a 15 to 30 second segment as each audio clip is subject to this problem.

This is also occurring with video files now. When there is a transition (wipe up, wipe down, etc.) within the master track, the video will stay frozen upon the last clip and the audio for the timeline will correctly play underneath the playhead.

I've gone as far as to delete all the projects and files from my iPad Pro and reinstall everything from scratch. The issues return within an hour or two.
Preview settings make no discernible difference: Fastest, Balanced, etc.
Optimizing and consolidating is a temporary 'fix' and the problems comes right back.
It doesn't make a difference if LF is the ONLY app running or whether I forget to close out all the others.

Additionally, what is the cause and solution for the perpetual recurrence of the clips not showing any data? We can't edit like this! Also solved by reintroducing my eyes to the 8 blue and 1 green dots during a relaunching of the app.
Attachment:
IMG_2312.jpg
IMG_2312.jpg [ 389.87 KiB | Viewed 1538 times ]
As I've voiced before, the audio editing side of LumaFusion needs some serious work and the engine could use an overhaul. 3rd Party AU plugins are pretty much required as a standard as the Apple ones are just bizarre & barely adequate. Also, we need to apply AU to tracks that aren't akin to real-time renders. This requires the insertion of plugins onto tracks and not onto clips. Delays are cut off when the clip ends and that's not sufficient.

Another: If I have a clip highlighted/selected for any reason and then drag the timeline backwards to some arbitrary point in order to audition the new/edited clip, the playhead (vertical blue line) jumps to the head of the highlighted clip about 40% of the time. It will play (with or without sound as per the above) and I'll have to drag backwards 2 or 3 times.

All of these bugs hamper a smooth workflow with this software. To say that is is frustrating is an understatement and is souring me on the promise of working within the confines of my iPad Pro in a serious manner.

This latest update, v2.2.3.1111, adds some lovely features (the key commands being a big boon for me); but the stability (crashes) and frustrations have increased over the last update.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:02 am 
Novice
Novice

More data & video added.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are all the problem clips .Wav files?

If they are, are they all from the same source?

I'm not saying that is the problem, I was just wondering